3.15.2009

half division of march

I never intended to be your official meteor source, I do write about the weather a lot though. Sushicat's official report: Spring is here. {for today at least}

Reasons I know:
my bones are thawing out, shivering is at an all time low
I put on an outfit this morning that has been an easy quick decision, but today, it depressed me with it's lack of color. Instead I changed and put on something bright. It felt so much better.
the bees are back. What do they do all winter? Sleep? Snack on honey?

I just spent the last hour on the porch reading my religion homework {eternal marriage}. I can still feel the sun on my skin.

From my reading today I learned what a Plimsoll mark is. It's on the side of a ship and when it is level with the water, the ship has reached it's load capacity. It was passed in 1868 in the British Parliament that all ships would have this mark. The result has been fewer deaths at sea. Good job Plimsoll.

Same goes for our relationships with friends and family. "...people have differing capacities at different times and even different days in their lives. In our relationships we need to establish our own Plimsoll marks and help identify them in the lives of those we love.. monitor the load levels and be helpful in shedding or at least readjusting... until stabilized."

I like this metaphor. Anything to do with ships seems to catch my attention these days, can't imagine why.

Thank you for keeping me afloat.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Plimsoll! I'll keep that in mind. Thanks for yet again another enlightening thought.

FRYBABY said...

You got me curious about the bees so I looked it up....they cluster in their hives to keep warm and the queen bee is in the middle of the cluster. The bees cause friction by shivering to keep warm and alternate being on the outside of the cluster where it is a lot colder. And on sunny days they take turns going out to the 'bathroom' but make sure they don't go too far because if they get too cold they can't fly back. And, yes, they snack on honey all winter:)

jenna marie said...

Thank you Frybaby! I think you should work for Animal Planet, that was both informational and entertaining.

Anonymous said...

I used your Cheroke parable today when I taught institute. Linnea stood and read it to the class of 36 women. It made quite a graphic point and many of the women after class asked for a copy. So, thank you Jenna for your help.

jenna marie said...

glad to be of service. I'll know it's out of hand when I have the file cabinet and carry the dreaded 3 x 5. I kid Daddio. :)