4.07.2009

second day

update: Don't use the military email address I gave out. I don't have access to it anymore. If you've sent anything to it, please send it again to my gmail account.

Life is good. I'm somewhere on the way to Haiti. We are going 'the long way' so we get there about the same time as the others meeting us there. We are in the Bermuda Triangle! How cool is that?

I like the rolling of the ship. It's weird and different. I'm rocking back and forth as I write this and it is a totally cool feeling.

The water is beautiful. A blue color I've only ever seen in a tube of paint. Aquamarine? Gorgeous. I have found that anywhere I have to go onboard can be rerouted so that I 'have' to go outside to get there. This is easy to do since even tho I live on the lowest level, and muster in a low level, and you'd think I'd never see the light of day, I have to come up to a main level to get there. Why not go outside to do it?

Met with our commander yesterday to get my assignment. I'm working in the library while we are 'underway' and filling in wherever needed. When we get to our destinations I will be working on 'com rels' re: going on shore to help with community projects. We've had lots of briefings to go to and lots more on the schedule today. {I'm in the Navy now!} Love the briefings, feels official. {I can hear you laughing Ben}

7 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

I love living vicariously through you!

Marisol said...

Hi, I just found your blog and hope to keep reading it while you are out on the USNS Comfort. We, Project HOPE, also have a blogger/PAO on board at the moment. He's blogging at www.projecthopeinthefield.blogspot.com. Happy sailing!

Amy said...

wow, i havent had a computer for weeks, (crashed hard drive, painful) and so i completely miss out on you... your already gone! wow, i will be watching and waiting! your so adventurous, i wish i could trade you right now!

Nettie said...

Jenna, guess I missed out on the post that explained where you were going and why. I know one thing, you are getting pretty good with those nautical words. Can't wait to hear about the third day!

Jackie Sanders said...

Pictures pictures pictures. Man, I cannot believe that you are out there, somewhere!
It sounds like your time schedule is crazy, and very much kept track of. keep us posted!

FRYBABY said...

It sounds like the rolling waves are not bothering you:) or at least you are treating them like an adventure and not letting them get to your stomach! Glad that someone is keeping the blog going! It's hard not to think of you when we are enjoying your stomping ground down here in St. George:)

Vickers said...

"GO NAVY! BEAT ARMY!"