6.07.2009

Colombia






Some random photos for you today. That is my bed {rack} and I love it. I like crawling in there and shutting the curtains at the end of the day {or in the middle of the day for a nap!} It is like a tree house, under the sea. Very cozy. Even with close to 100 roommates!

I'm excited for a new week. Sunday nights are the hardest for me to sleep through because I like the feeling of a new week with all its possibilities. We had opening ceremonies for Tumaco, Colombia yesterday. We'll be here for ten more days. Juanes came and did a concert on board the USNS Comfort last night. I'm a big fan of his now. Google him, you could be a fan too. Apparently he is a super star in South/Central America and I believe it after the throng of people following him around yesterday. Very cool that he came on board, stood in the mess line like everyone else and is a humanitarian as well.

After the concert I was eating pb and cereal in the wardroom and getting harassed for my six year old diet when the next thing I know I'm shaking Juane's hand with my mouth full of peanut butter. Talk about a lasting impression right?

7 comments:

Cara said...

I always love your pictures, and the B&W one of your eyes and spiky hair is priceless! I am serious when I say you should put together and publish a photo book of all your travels, including St. George and Bountiful of course. I would buy one! Use Blurb.com it's great.

Jackie Sanders said...

Look at your hair! Thanks for the colorful pictures! Wow, 6 weeks!!!! Ikes!

Vickers said...

Aren't you glad that you didn't pass up this opportunity as frantic as it was to obtain it. What an incredible summer you are having. Nothing will ever match it.

Caty said...

LOVE that picture of you, darling! And love the updates, don't think I don't read them. I am still an avid blog-stalker. Just horrible at commenting. :(

FRYBABY said...

I recognize those sheets!! Wish you were going to be here for all of the festivities but I know you are having the time of your life and I wouldn't want to take that from you! Thanks for keeping us all in the know!!

jenna marie said...

If I could be at 2 places at once you know I'd be there in the thick of things for Grandma's 90th!! Cara, I can't believe I'm going to miss a chance to meet Chloe!!

Jax, I need a haircut SO bad. I've resorted to cutting bits of it off at really random times.

thnx for the sheets Frybaby! and thnx for still blog stalking me Caty, I miss our dress selling days.

Vickers, I am SO glad I didn't pass this up. SOO glad.

KickButtMommy said...

I hate it when I am caught off guard and meet a south american superstar.