6.21.2009

my friend, the great white


Happy Father's Day Daddio!!
You know I want to be there to give you a big hug today. It is a lot to ask, but collect a few extra from the kids for me instead.

There are so many qualities I love about you Dad. I have tried and failed for the last hour to put it all into words. I've shed a few tears, and smiled as I remembered a lot of fun memories. It has been a great chance to think about how blessed I am to be your daughter. You are an exceptional person. Full of strength, genuine and selfless love for others, a quiet way about teaching and sharing the gospel, and a sense of humor that is so fun to be around. Your sense of humor is especially patient with my sense of humor since making you think I don't think your jokes are funny is something I've taken it on as personal mission in life. You are a patient man.

How many kitties have you let me {with the help of mom} talk you into keeping over the years? {not this spotted bad boy, unfortunately} Even though you didn't want them, you ended up loving them anyway. You are a big softy with a heart of gold.

I am so proud to be your daughter. Love you endlessly Daddio.
I'll eat an extra spoonful of pb today and think of you.

6 comments:

Sioux said...

Your Dad is a wonderful guy and everything that you've described + more! There is such hub-bub going on here {as you can imagine}-but I'm sure he will be missing that HUG! Hope you have a great day....

whitey said...

I thought maybe it was going to be a shark, glad it was your Dad instead. I think you and I have had the same emotions going on for this father's day I wrote and erase so many times and instead used someone else words rather than my own.

Caty said...

Jenna:
1. You are a knock-out! Gorgeous.
2. You got to pet a cheetah.
*intense jealousy*

Jen said...

Dedication to your dad----
"What's goin' on in here?!?"

Only you will get that one....lof you, Jen.

jenna marie said...

I'm still laughing Jen!

In dedication to your dad: "Oh is that so." Famous last line to my favorite story of his about the wide mouth frog. :)

KickButtMommy said...

He is a one of a kind man! We love Uncle Terry!