6.21.2009

making up for missing out

It is a good thing there has been plenty going on around here to keep my mind off of all the fun stuff going on at home or else I would be a wreck! It has made me focus all the more on the mission and doing my job because if I think about it for too long I start to come up with ploys on how to get sent home. My favorite one today: jump off the side of the Comfort into the water. it is strictly forbidden. It would be a great way to go {and safer since yesterday's plan was to break my leg}!

I spent some time yesterday afternoon out on the bow sitting in the shade watching the birds coast along with us and dive for flying fish.

After dinner last night Rachel, Chad {Big Rix} and I {little Rix} went out on the bow to enjoy the sunset and hopefully see the pod of dolphins who had been hanging around all day.

At one point there were more that 30 of them playing around the ship. It was so fun to watch them jump out of the water doing belly flops and enjoying the draft of the ship. It must be so much fun to be a dolphin!

After hearing in the confirmation briefs for the last few days that we would be anchored 10+ miles from the BLZ {boat landing zone - what would the military be without acronyms?}I thought we would be out in the ocean with not much by way of scenery around us. I was pleasantly surprised to walk outside this morning to find that we are surrounded on three sides by gorgeous views of volcanoes and lush green mountains. The weather has been my favorite kind all day too: big gray threatening clouds and gorgeous rolling green water. We were joking about being in Jurassic Park because it looks so primitive.

I'm counting down but enjoying every minute of it still. Even with home getting a good grip on me and pulling hard, I am still so excited to be a part of this and won't get in too big of a hurry to get back to the grind.

8 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

SO JEALOUS of the dolphin experience. Ask Miles. I act like a little kid when I see them!

I am also jealous of the Utah experience. I had no idea the Korea Rix would be there. Will they still be when you get home?

Still working on Thanksgiving so we can play then if all goes well!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy it Jenna!! You miss the stuff at home but I miss the ship like crazy. Look at all the cool things you've done just since we left!! Miss you tons!

Cara said...

We miss you too Jenna! And we're are thinking of you every step of the way. LOVE YOU!

Jackie Sanders said...

What on earth could pull you off that ship? You, wanting to come home? Really, you know better then that!
Love the dolphins! I'd be one too!!

Sioux said...

Know that you are missed, and were the topic of conversation both on Sunday and yesterday at El's b-day celebration. Everyone sends their LOVE.

FRYBABY said...

Can't wait for you to come home but have really enjoyed your escapades on the sea!

GrandmaNutt said...

Jenna, there was a big hole in your family this whole weekend....but boy did we talk about you behind your back!

Anonymous said...

Missed you dear but we will have lots of time to remenise about both your trip and my big 90th. So what a gppd to,e we wo;; have when you get back. Love you so much. Awesome Granny