6.27.2009

roving


There is always a plan around here, but it is constantly changing. A change in the plan is exactly how I found myself at a Pallet Turnover Ceremony today instead of the scheduled {and then rescheduled} meet + greet with the El Salvadorian President. The good and bad of this change of plan is that I got to go to shore. It's always good to get off the ship. The bad: heat index - somewhere around 150. Yeah, you read that right. It is hot. And that is an understatement. Luckily it was a quick thing with a few speeches, a photo op in front of the pallets with the Mayor and then we were back on the helo in time for lunch.

This is going to sound weird, especially to me, but I've lost count of my helo rides. I never thought that would happen, but it has. I'm not jaded though. I won't ever get over the thrill of riding in something that looks more like a bug than a man made machine. And it will always make me smile when they leave the doors open so I can take pictures all I want.




"America's most prestigious ship" - USNS Comfort

7 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

150? OUCH!

Beautiful.

Vickers said...

You, Jenna, are truly an angel of mercy. You just wear a helo instead of halos and wings. Thank you for always giving us beautiful pictures of a beautifully created world. Enjoy your last few weeks aboard the mercy ship.

dawnanne said...

beautiful pictures wow!

Cara said...

That life-saver picture is cool. And I agree with Heather about the 150 - no wonder the people who live there have dark skin - it's a necessity of survival!

FRYBABY said...

I am already spreading the word that you will be doing firesides upon your return.....so be prepared!! What an awesome experience to share with the youth!

Jen said...

Whoa. It looks so beautiful!!!!

Siege eh said...

Wow! You are an amazing phototographer! I really like the one of the islands in the distance that's kinda darkened around the edges :)