7.07.2009

seventh country - Nicaragua



Nicaragua is our final country for the mission, with a liberty port next week back in Panama before flying home. The days are numbered for my time out at sea. This thought bothers/thrills me equally, with the balance shifting from side to side depending on what I think about. Getting away from my 72 roommates? Thrilled. Wondering if I'll forget how awesome it is to live on the USNS Comfort? Bothered.

I want the 13 days to feel like forever and be over already so I'll have some reassurance that when I get back I'll still have this unbelievable memory tucked away to pull out sometimes and remember. How is that for contradiction? I wouldn't be me without conflicting thoughts to mull over.



Sunday evening after dinner, I found a spot along the port side and settled in to watch the weather change. It was one of those beautiful moments where everything felt amber colored. Good tunes, fantastic book {Love Walked In}, helo ops to keeps things interesting, and a great show put on by the sunset/storm duo.

We have had some amazing weather the last few days with extremely high seas, lightening storms, strong winds {40+ mph} lots of rain, and everything in between.




5 comments:

FRYBABY said...

I love the sky! We are counting down the days for your return.....and I have a project in the works which needs your talented opinions!! See ya soon!!

Anonymous said...

Can hardly wait until your return there is so much we would like to hear bout your big adventure. So proud that you did this. Love YOu, Grandma F

Lindee said...

my favorite thing about our honeymoon was all of the storms over the ocean...they were amazing. you're so lucky to have an experience such as this to remember over and over again.

Cara said...

Jenna rocks. Don't worry, there's always something else amazing around the corner.

Vickers said...

Only you with your poet's heartt and your designer's eye could see so much beauty and God's Hand in everything around you. Thanks for taking me along on your ride.