7.23.2009

sliver of the theater rm


Lucy is such a babe. Jackie called as I was making a zucchini casserole and asked why I wasn't sitting on Main Street with her right that minute watching the parade. I didn't have a good answer for her, so off I went to enjoy some hometown flavor. It was a pleasant summer evening, walking down the street, saying hello to old friends and neighbors. Sitting with Jackie at a parade is an event, she is a candy hording extraordinaire.

a little slice of what has been going on in the Theater Room, or aka, my room for the next x amount of time. {Frybaby, remember when we joked I'd only be here a year?}
I chose the wild Golden Cricket {professionally painted by PBPB, thnx guys!} color for the walls because of the lack of natural light in the basement and the need to create a feeling of warmth. Though, after taking the roller shade off today I was surprised by how much afternoon light could sneak in, given the chance. When the room is being used in the way it was intended and the idea is to create a fun place for chilling, the warm wall color will be a great jumping off place to create a pallet that matches the fun family who graciously lets me be a gnome in their basement. I never thought I'd EVER chose a yellow of any kind, it is a risky move, but this particular yellow has a lot of great gray and even a bit of green undertones and has yet to make me feel anxious or upset. {Something a bad yellow could easily do.} I can't wait to do curtains/accessories next. I'm thinking plush, warm fabrics with lots of texture and vibrant pattern without being loud or overbearing. Don't think it can be pulled done? Just wait for the updates! {but don't hold your breath, they won't come until I become gainfully employed again}
WOW, that was a lot to say about color, still with me?

6 comments:

Cara said...

Wow, the room looks great! I saw it in June, when it was kind of a wreck, but yor presence has made it a thing of beauty. The giraffes look great with that wall color, too.

Vickers said...

Love the Tweekas! I also didn't realize that you had such a large window in that room. Wasn't that room initially created as a home theatre type den?
Yellow is my fav color so I have a lot of walls in my home painted yellow and I have never had a tense moment in my life yet. Thanks for the warning.

Nick said...

I think I need you to decorate my place, this looks great!

KickButtMommy said...

Gorgeous. Absolutely gorgeous. Simply cannot wait to see what you do to finish it off.

Anonymous said...

Your chair made it to the deck just as you left it. Its in a really great spot on the 01 around the spot where the CIVMARS hangout. I'll send you a picture as soon as i get my phone to work.

Sarah said...

Jennafriend!!!I'm SO happy YOU are home! I can't wait to see you when WE get home :) Love you!