8.04.2009

quick mix on conference room


Jax, bless her soul, wanted some painting practice so she recruited her partner in crime and we were off yesterday afternoon to paint her husband's boss's conference room.

great old building downtown surrounded by all the revamping Salt Lake is experiencing right now. With the new City Center and all the new high rises sprouting up all over the place, I'm excited about the new growth.


the art piece the new paint colors were pulled from.

a close up of the walls that got the rub down. We painted over wallpaper {don't gasp! it added cool texture!} Jackie is a natural. It was fun to do some decorative painting {faux}, even if I don't feel like it really matches my personal taste so much anymore. It did take me back to when I was doing this in all the spare moments I had, regaled {or bored} Jackie with stories of faux gone wrong over the years, poor girl.

the best part of the deal: dinner at Sawadee. I've been wanting to go to this Thai restaurant for a couple years now. It did not disappoint one bit!

5 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

never a dull moment for you!

Cara said...

"Faux gone wrong"...I like it! We've always painted over wallpaper in our family. It's tradition!

FRYBABY said...

So that's where you were!! Gearing up for the basement, right???

Vickers said...

Oh dear, Cara is spilling the beans again.

Glad to hear that you are back to your old ways, making everything around you beautiful.

Jackie Sanders said...

look at the texture picture! We really rock, even if faux truly is out dated! (don't tell Ross! :) )