10.11.2009

toppins, toppins



I saw this guy on South Temple this afternoon and flipped around to get a closer look. Those birds were crawling all over him.

bright and early mornings for my Historical Furnishing class. We're to the Italian Renaissance, I can't say Baroque with out adding {to myself} 'If it's not Baroque, don't fix it' - Beauty & the Beast.

the showroom is my playground. It's great because I can break all kinds of design rules as I mix with abandon. I get a kick out of pulling together furniture and accessories into displays that are everything to do with showing off the merchandise and making each item seem special. It would never work in a real room because I throw out proportion and scale {and the fact that most people don't like to mix as much as I do} but I hope that it is a look that makes our customers want to take everything home with them. Have I mentioned yet today that I adore my job?

my school chums at the IIDA Opening Social. Without these girls school wouldn't be the same. Adrienne {also my CAD tutor}, Christi, and Lorri {we're in the IIDA Presidency together}.

5 comments:

Cara said...

It's great to love your job! You must be on the right path. And I say the same Baroque line, too! Love that movie. Good line.

FRYBABY said...

I am surprised that there weren't chimney sweeps up on top of that roof, too!!

Jackie Sanders said...

Love the skirt, love the show room, and yes, Baroque, SAY THE SAME THING!!!
We are twins! Happy birthday to us!

Vickers said...

Color the world any way you want to and I will always want part of it. Your touch is magic.

Nettie said...

Jenna, I envy you that you can really enjoy your job. I do love my job also, but there is alot of stress that may be the death of me yet. Great post!