10.08.2009

my same + love list


'my same' is the song that I'm listening to for who knows how many times tonight. I have my Adele play list on repeat. I knew it was time for a new loving list because I'm loving way too many things. I love my newly fixed mouse {that has never worked for a whole year now}. And the fact that it is my bedtime {after my blog fix} and, and, and... it was just time to list a few loved things.

other things I have a crazy love for: AutoCAD.on.my.very.own.laptop!! Brought to me by student version access. Gone are the days of crowded computer labs at the school. Hello to a shiny new era of doing my drawings in the comfort of my own room {geared in uggs, mismatched outfits topped with a scarf and energized by Hi Chew candy}

this chesterfield sofa - claret red. Doesn't it scream 'loaf on me instead of going to class?' I picked it for my bakery/gallery/hangout Bunnell House project currently invading my life. The Bunnell House is a circa 1919 Pioneer home located smack dab in the middle of the UVU Campus. Desperately needing a face lift and some major work turning it into anything more than a storage wasteland{what it is used for now} would be the ideal outcome for this little gem. But this project will never be. Sorry advocates, maybe I shouldn't be so pessimistic {re:realistic} I just don't see how the $500 k needed to restore it will ever be allocated when it is in the way of more parking.
However, Kudos to my Studio II instructor for coming up with such an interesting project. The Bunnell House is protected by the Historical Register so the things I'm doing to it would never be allowed, even were the funds found to be spent. {Oh the freedom of being an un-budgeted dreamer.}

more things to make the list: ncis. new/old memories blending. snow on top of the mountains and crisp mornings. getting paid to live my dream. good times chasing moose shadows in the mountains {image stolen from that sunny fall afternoon above} Grandma's house tonight - she is one of my very most favorites. Ever.

5 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

You are one of my favorites ever! Time for you to send me an email with more deets on life!

Keep It Real said...

Moose-chasing???? When was this? Love that pic of you! What happened to you last night? You are like a thief in the night:) and now that you are holed up in the basement we don't see you anymore:( Sounds like all is well though and thanks for the beet delivery!!!
Frybaby alias Keep It Real

Cara said...

I want to know what Elder Keep It Real is doing cruising blogs...

Grandma is everyone's favorite and it's no surprise to anyone. And she plays a mean game of rummikub.

jenna marie said...

frybaby - I had to book it to the basement to work on homework. Come down and visit anytime! As for those beets, will you miss a couple if they happen to disappear? I love those things.

Jen said...

Love the first pic of you. So cool!

Don't you wish we could head up to the cabin for a weekend and just chill---like we used to. Ah, those were the days.