1.23.2007

but it's a honda

I couldn't believe that my trusty accord wouldn't start up last night when I was leaving Amy's house!! No way! It's a honda. Nick saved the day with a easy jump from his truck but I was a little unnerved. Reliable is my car's lot in life. It's what it does. I felt like taking it for a car wash or maybe a new car freshener. I've never bought it a scent, maybe it was feeling a little neglected? So I wasn't at all suprised this morning when it wouldn't start again. Lucky again that my parents aren't off on their safari yet (I don't really think they'll be off on a safari, but how cool is it that they are serving in AFRICA?! SO COOL!) I didn't think I would have any problems getting to Sears to get the battery replaced so imagine my horror as the power started flicking on and off even before I'd even got off the interstate! I turned off the radio (like that was going to conserve enough juice!) Then hit every green light between me and the mall. That's me for you to block out the fact that the sears auto shop is up the street from the mall. I think it was just pure girl instinct to head for the mall when in distress? So I made it back to the shop all the while the flicking of lights and power in my car making me talk to myself (and the car) like a total fruitcake! The techs laughed when they tried to start up the car after I turned it off (like they told me to). It was dead as dead can be.
I'm telling u, I drive a Honda because I like that I don't have to think about it much. I'm for sure taking it for a good bath and I might even buy it a freshener it it swears to never pull a stunt like that again. (Even if it IS my responsibility to buy it new batteries on occasion.)

3 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

Jenna! I found you! I love your blog. Thanks for telling me about it. I wish everyone I knew had a blog. They are the best ever. I will add your link to mine! Love ya lots and glad your honda is okey dokey.

Anonymous said...

Jenna, you are a very creative writer....who knew?! I knew you were a rip snortin' hot artist but now you have tipped your hand and revealed yet another talent. My advice...buy the car freshener..cheap way out.

Anonymous said...

Great work.