1.29.2007

FOR SALE BY OWNER

The rat race begins. I'm disregarding everything I've been told about the market being in really bad shape right now and put my house on the market.
I'll be lucky to beak even. My parents are the only ones agreeing with me that selling it is the only option. Not selling it makes me more nervous than I can even begin to explain right now.
Vicky once told me as I was leaving my first attempt at college that I shouldn't waste my time looking back. I doubt she was thinking at the time that her words would come back to me every time I made a big move in my life, but they do. And so it makes since that I would think about that day again as I packed up the last of my stuff from this house. This was the 13th move in 7 years for me and I wouldn't even consider it the most difficult move, maybe just the most involved.

4 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

That's a pretty house. If I lived there, I would buy it! :)

Anonymous said...

Have you discussed renting it? Lots of people want St George time-shares. Don't know if that's an option but it is a shame to jump out of the housing market. And that house is beautiful. Let Ben sell his house in Washington and buy yours to rent. There you go. Dilemma solved.

Cara said...

I agree with Mom, you should definitely rent until you are ready to buy another house. Don't want to lose your investment.

jmr said...

Our HOA won't allow us to rent. I'm technically breaking the rules right now having Weston and his buddy renting it back from me. Or else I totally would! I could be taken to court, fined, dipped in hot oil..the works.