2.02.2007

Vegas, baby!

Back from Sin City after Market Week. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise, shopping is hard work! Especially when we had more than 4 million square feet to cover! Can you imagine? The first market I went to I was in awe. Everything was AMAZING! I couldn't take it all in. Now everything starts to blend together and very little impresses me (what a snob right?). I put the different exhibitors into categories in my mind to keep me entertained as we shop and shop, AND shop. Categories like 'Sellable' 'Ugly as ugly' and 'I would decorate my house with this stuff! Can we pick up this line please!!' are the top three, but there are others like 'Who would buy this?' and 'What is that exactly?' and 'That's actually the wholesale pricing?! Who pays that?!'
I look forward to Market every 6 months. It's fun to see the new lines, buy great new items for the store and it's entertaining. It IS Vegas afterall! They would never do anything that wasn't to the top! And getting out of town with Loni and Jana is a good time no matter what. Even when we were being stalked by a serial killer. Ok, maybe that's a little judgemental but after we saw him in the parking garage twice, in the lobby lurking about, and in the hallways 3 times as we pretended to not know where our room was, (we didn't want him to know where we were sleeping!) we were a little suspicious!
I wasn't too concerned. I was more excited thinking about the CSI's coming to trap our killer with their scientific genius sweet moves! YEAH, I LOVE CSI! While Jana fed quarters into the dollar slot at the vending machines because she was too invloved watching out for our killer we made friends with some off duty cops (or so they say) who told us drunkenly that we could call them should we find ourselves in danger (right, like we were going to fall for that one!) I won't tell you that Loni set up a booby trap inside the door to alert us of our deaths and that we laughed ourselves silly locking down the place and I scared them with different endings on how the CSI's would solve the case. Instead I'll tell you that thanks to our cunning wit and calm assertive survival skills, we made it home alive by the skin of our teeth.

2 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

I love the darling picture. I am glad that I am not seeing it in the obits due to a harry murder. Also I would like to know how the "I want to decorate Heather's house with this" line was?

Anonymous said...

I know exactly how you felt in Vegas. When my friends and I toured Europe we used to 'imagine' the craziest things. In Prague my roommate and I were convinced that the large mirror in the bathroom was a 2-way mirror for the secret police. So my roomie made the most of it by stripping (not just undressing but posing, too) in front of it. She always looked for ways to thrill the KGB agents following all the tourists around.
Of course, that was when I was young and pretty. Now I just wish someone was looking!!!