2.04.2007

Confessions of a TV junkie


It's a quiet day for a decent blog so I thought I'd make a confession. I LOVE watching tv. I do. It's good fun. I don't watch just anything though and not a lot of it. I wouldn't say I'm a full blown couch pototato, maybe just a tiny tatter tot?
I get really excited about the shows I do watch. First on the shortlist is Grey's Anatomy. It's my favorite and for some reason I don't like to tell anyone. Maybe because it's high drama and basically a nighttime soap? But I've seen every episode since the first season (thanks to netflix) so I am totally hooked. Last week is still cracking me up. Callee O'Maley! (You'd have to watch to care I suppose, so I won't even begin to rattle off the details.)
The next best is CSI. I haven't been watching this season because Grey's is on at the same time. (Decisions! Decisions!) I like the syndicated stuff that comes on every night on Spike. Vegas is my top pick, Miami is growing on me too (I couldn't stand it until I watched a marathon one day and I got used to David Caruso's 'acting') but if I had to pick between the two, it'd be Vegas. George Eads...need I say more?
Heroe's has caught me by surprise too. I like it a lot! I'm totally into heroes in general, like spiderman, x-men, superman, batman..those guys. (Hanging out with Devin and Dillon must have rubbed off on me some!) so it just makes sense that I would fall for this show.
Then there's The Office. Steve Carell makes me uncomfortable, he's such a social cripple, but I think that's part of the appeal of the show. Awh, TV! Good stuff.

4 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

Ohhhh, Jenna. I love Grey's! I think once you watch one episode you are hooked. I loved "Callie O'Malley" and am still rollin' about it. I also love at the end when Christina says yes (sort of to getting married) and they play it all cool then start acting all excited! ohhh, I can't go on. I am mad about Addison going back to McSteamy and sad about Mer's mom and likin her and Derrick. So much. Anyway, glad I found a fellow watcher

Anonymous said...

Sorry, can't relate. I do like Studio 60 though because it has such excellent writing. You really have to pay attention. And, there is no blood, bed-hopping, or hatred. It's just fast-paced and quirky, kinda like you Jenna!!

jmr said...

YEA HEATHER!! I loved that Christina and Burk were so happy and cute for once! She is always so reserved. Addison is a punk for going back to McSteamy, I do think there's more to come with her and Karev (spell check on that) They have some major chemistry. I'll have to start watching Studio 60, if Vicky likes it I bet it's great. I'll add it to my schedule :)

Cara said...

I don't watch any of those shows, I'm a CW fan: Gilmore Girls and Smallville mainly. But I also like Star Trek reruns on Spike and Discovery Channel...