2.17.2007

fun and laughing in saint george

We have some visitors this weekend, Michele and Grandma are here for some fun. {WE MISS YOU VICKY!} We've played our requisite bunches of Rummycube games. I do have to mention one game in particular where I won in a single turn late in the game {It IS my blog, so I can brag as much as I want!}

Today we cruised around Zion National enjoying the warm weather. Grandma took a bunch of photos so I scrounged some off her so I could share them.



After we took in the park we went back to Springdale to wander around the shops and galleries.









We found this ranch type petting zoo place in town with lots of stinky animals to pet.

Here dad and Elk check each other out. Wonder what they are thinking about each other? 'Strange one, that chap with the two legs!' (yeah, livestock always talk like British people in my head. It makes them sound more intelligent than, well, hamburger.)



Of course I couldn't just look at the animals. I wanted to feed them too. Especially when this dude walked up to the fence and looked at me with his big brown steer eyes and sent me FEED ME signals.




This guys tongue stunk something nasty! He wasn't too skilled at eating out of a hand, you'd think he'd have learned by now with all the free hand outs. But he was pretty good at picking his own nose with his stinkin' purple tongue.

We stopped for lunch at Oscar's, a great burger place with an outdoor seating area where dad enjoyed asking all the bikers questions about their bikes. {he really needs his own bike don't you think?} While we waited for our food we passed the camera around and took pictures of each other. Tourists!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew I was missing good stuff by being here in Virginia instead of hanging with the cool kids in S.G. And you winning a Rummikub game in one turn is NOT unusual. In fact, I expect that from you. But you did have competition from the 'CPA-turned-math-teacher' Michele. So good one on you, Jenna!!! I do belong in the picture of all the women in Zions though. Love you all.

KickButtMommy said...

Oh that sounds like so much fun! Did I mention LA is only a short six hours from St. George? :) I won rummikub in one turn over Christmas against Vicky and Serge! It was NUTS!

Anonymous said...

YOU JUST HAD TO PUT THAT IN THERE, DIDN'T YOU KICKBUTT!! Love you anyway.

jmr said...

The 3 of us will have to play a lightening round sometime soon. You are so on!!! Name the city/state, I'll be there!

Cara said...

I stink at Rummikub. Maybe it's my purple tongue.