2.21.2007

Processing...

That's what I've been doing a lot the last day or so. Processing my thoughts and shifty moods. Mom and Dad were set apart yesterday so it's now Sister Mom and Elder Dad and as I sat watching my dad fix his tie and laugh with my mom about his too gelled hair I couldn't help getting a little emotional. Of course I'm proud to death of them but the people in Africa can't possibly need them like I do!! (Selfish aren't I?)
It's been so nice being with them every day it'll be a bit of a transition coming home to an empty house AND cooking for myself once again (maybe now would be a good time to ask for the hundredth time if I can have a pet? You know, pity for the lone child and all?)
Other things I'm processing are my options for what comes next in my life. I'm thinking about going back to school at LDS Business and while I can think of at least 10 reasons why that would be great, I can come up with 10 (OK well, maybe 3 or 4) good excuses to stay here in my sunny desert and keep on keepin' on until I really know what the heck I want.
Could someone please just make up my mind for me, big decisions make my brain melt.

3 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

I have already decided. Could you please apply to Cal Arts, which just happens to be around the corner from our house. I also know a teacher at that famous design school in LA, what is it called? She is in our ward. We live in a sunny warm place too! Oh yeah it is called Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising. So come on over.

Anonymous said...

Jenna Marie, maybe it is time to shake it up a bit. Read your patriarchal blessing, prayer, and listen to your family. Whatever you decide, do it because it is what you would really like to be doing ten years from now and NOT something that is the easiest. You have been given a clear road to somewhere and something, be wise, be courageous, and be true to yourself. I'll love you no matter what.

Cara said...

I like Heather's suggestion. If I had that kind of freedom, I'd go out to apprentice as a special effects make-up artist! Too bad the era of Star Trek is over, because I always wanted to do a Klingon make-up!