3.12.2007

20+ hour flight








My parents left around 3 this afternoon for Africa. So with 7 hours under their belts, they only have maybe 16 hours to go or around that long. Wow. Only I guess they also have the 8 hour layover in London to look forward too. I would take advantage of such a long layover, would you? I'd go out and find one of those red buses and do something you could only do in England. So really, they are less than a third through the trip right now! What could you possibly do with all that time? I only know one person who can sleep properly on flights, and I swear he is borderline narcoleptic. I feel for them but if I know my dad he's studying something along the lines of Forex or if he's lucky has has some kind of owners manual to play with. And my mom? If they would only let her take on a needle she could sew the whole way there. I told her to hide it, but what a way to start out your mission being held by authorities for a concealed weapon. Just the thought of being in a plane that long makes me want to run around just because I can!
PS Did you know the Black Mamba snake who lives in Africa can travel at 10 MPH?

5 comments:

Cara said...

WANTED: Sister Rix, armed and dangerous, concealed weapon, possibly a #2 embroidery needle...

KickButtMommy said...

I love the pictures of Africa. What an adventure they will have. My dad did that flight so many times, we finally bought him a portable DVD player to pass the time on the plane and in the countries without TV. The problem is that he would get through the DVDs so fast he'd be left with nothing to do.

And I would definitely go see some of London! AS much as possible.

jmr said...

What does your dad do for work Heather?
You should see the masterpiece my mom is working on right now. Its a type of quilting called Cathedral Windows or something close. It is amazing. The stitches are all hidden and its almost 3D if you can picture this... you'll have to see it someday. VERY PRETTY!

Anonymous said...

Your sweet mother has always been my ideal...and really, truly, your dad, too. I've been thinking of them all day for two days now.

KickButtMommy said...

Talk about an amazing woman. My dad is a translator for the church. His area was Africa for 14 years. Now he is doing South America.