3.11.2007

Ginko Trees

"Shee wan sheop sheop sayo" This saying doesn't have an exact translation and I'm not even really sure I've got it exactly right, but it means something along the lines of: Even though I'm moving on and I'm sad, I'm excited too and I'll take this experience with me. A friend taught me it the day I left Korea and it kinda applies in my life again wouldn't you think? I did just have a big harry blog entry that went on about all my thoughts on this but I decided against it. I'm working on keeping my e-forms of communication simple right now. I'll tell u a story to support this reasoning, since it puts Signe into fits of hilarity, if you like? Oh, why not?
OK, so Amy set me up with a cute guy a long time ago, her brother in law. "He's perfect for you!" she raves, even his stepmom got in on this and still bugs Amy to this day about the failure of the love that wasn't. Good intentions both of them, but honestly. Anyway, he did turn out to be a good efriend. I emailed him from Korea. He was a really cool, funny guy when I did meet him but because of life that's all there is to that. And while Amy had big plans of setting us up again now in the present I thought epals was more me at the moment. So I decide to email said epal when things settled down in my life and I never heard back from him. Oh well right? Well, Signe is pretty interested in my life as it is these days (a source of entertainment maybe?) and said I should put another email out there (I'm not sure I should admit to this but since I'm already telling this silly story, what the heck? Signe also coached me on how to word the perfect email to get a response. Pathetic? Yeah, a bit! But I don't take this stuff too seriously, we were bored and she was talking about being "The Emailer" so there you have it) And guess what? I get an email back within hours. She really is gifted. So while I'm chatting with the folks on messenger that very night I was goofing off writing a pretend response to The Epal. Of course I'm not sending THIS response, I learn quick my friends. My emails get responses in a month, Signe should proof read and tell me where I'm going wrong, right? (Yes, in the real world I shouldn't bother. If I'm supposed to have an efriend it would be. With out the aid of "The Emailer" but alas, the madness continues in a very messed up Cyrano de Bergerac type story) So I'm goofing off as I told you when the email just disappears....my computer informs me that my message has been sent. Seriously. Come on!! Then and there I know I've ruined all chances at being cool. This is my life right now! You can guess the outcome, I never did hear back from my epal because he most likely thinks I'm estalking him or basically, an efreak. And there you have it. Signe almost punched me when I told her that yes, she is a genius, and no, we won't be writing any more emails cuz I already killed it in an awful fluke technical malfunction. And can I tell you I have learned my lesson! What's that you ask? OK, maybe I haven't learned anything.... I do still giggle to myself when I tell this story to myself! Hopefully I wrote it in a way you could see the humor.
I guess my blog is becoming a log of events in the aftermath of divorce. I didn't expect a lot of the aspects of divorce, unrelated to the story I just told but a thought I've had today anyway. It's like a weird sense, probably imagined, that people look at me like I'm broken, damaged, or baggage ridden. Where would I get this idea? I guess because I've thought it myself about other divorced people, we all know what happens when you make assumptions?
And you are my lucky audience for the stories that come out of living this reality I never saw myself in. What will I come up with next?

3 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

That is an ecatastrophe and totally sounds like something I would do and probably have before! I am vaguely recalling voice mail mix-ups that were highly humilitating!

I feel for you Jenna, I know you feel like you have a stigma but you are young and beautiful and life goes on! At least it did not happen after a few kids, ten years, and 30 pounds from now! So ignore the stares, real or imagined, and just enjoy life!

Heath

Anonymous said...

Gave you a phone call and now I feel better. Love you Lofey!

jmr said...

and a good phone call it was. thank you. Love you too.