3.04.2007

Double Wammy

While chatting online with the folks tonite I was digging around in the pictures saved on this computer my dad so kindly left behind for me to take over. So in no real order I'm sharing them with you. Nothing like a little photogumbo to get the memories flowing





Good ol' KC!! He moved into this garbage can shortly after he was banned from the house. It fits him and his grumpy attitude. But he has everyone fooled. He's a softy at heart, I also ran across a pic of him cuddling me the day after I sprained my wrist bad snowboarding a couple of winters ago (I'm not sharing that photo, bad up the nose angel!) Good kitty.
This one is of all of us at the park near our apartment, the building in back of us with the crissy cross beams. There were 3 or 4 cool parks in our neighborhood that we frequented at all hours - parks were the busiest after dark in Korea to beat the heat. This park was my favorite cuz it was right on the river and had lots of open space and popsicle stands and the coolest toys (for the kids, of course)

This funky restaurant is in Fukuoka, Japan. While in Korea, I had to leave the country every 3 months on a 'visa run' to stay current on my traveling status. I didn't qualify for a work visa so this was the only way to stay for an extended time. I didn't mind. This trip was way better than the first one I did though. That one involved much bus time, a flight to Tokyo, and a looong night hanging out in the airport only to catch a flight back to Korea in the morning. All for a stamp in my passport. Hey, it was fun. But not as fun as wandering around Fukuoka for a few days totally enjoying balmy warm weather in the middle of the coldest winter I've ever experienced back in Seoul.

Our mode of transportation! We all loved this van. My first thought when I saw it was of Miles yelling, 'The Libyans are coming!!' He was yelling this over and over one funny trip to the airport when I was young and impressionable, I always crack up when Miles is along, he makes everything hilarious. I think it's from Back to the Future?
This van rocked! Cari and I had the sweetest seats. They were the second row and swiveled to face forwards OR backwards! If you held the latch up while turning a corner you could do a 360 with the momentum of the turn. Only tried this move a couple times, I didn't want to break my awesome seat, or get kicked out for monkeying around! Another cool feature: the steering wheel was on the right side. Ben loved getting looks for this feature. Once, we got pulled over and the cop was practically yelling with frustration (I think so at least, really, I always thought they were yelling) at Kwona to show him her ID (they were looking for a escaped convict, seriously) and she kept telling him 'But I'm not driving!'
RIP bad boy, Ben left it with Jon when they moved back to Seattle, and he killed it.
Last but not least, are they not the cutest? I know, your kids are cute too, but I'm their aunt so... ;) It looks to me like Dillon is protecting Devin, see the sword? I like the spidey theme too, they are both pretty much obsessed with Spiderman, I guess all little guys are? Keeping with the theme of Korea stories, Devin had this awesome Spiderman costume he wore A LOT there. Once he wore it to the park and the kids there SWARMED him saying "SPIDERMAN!!" "SPIDERMAN!!" and chatting to him in Korean. I wasn't there but mom said he was pretty freaked out by all the attention. What does he expect being a super hero and all?

4 comments:

Cara said...

The Libyans are coming! Definitely Back to the Future, and definitely Miles!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful journal you are creating Jenna. Thanks for taking us down your memory lane. Loved the picture of Dillon and Devin. SWEET!!

KickButtMommy said...

That is such a great post! I loved reading about your time in Korea. You are such an adventurous woman over there! I will send Miles a link so he can get a smile at work today! He loves you and so do I!
Heath

FRYBABY said...

I can't wait to show the boys Ben's hot pants and red do!! It always cracks them up to see the old clips of the NBA with shorts like that but to see their own cousin...wew wew!!