3.06.2007

Spring Fever



I woke up to a morning that looked a lot like this one (only this photo was taken on a vacation we took to the coast when mom came to visit the country of morning calm, and rightly called that. B-E-A-utiful! Name that movie and u win a prize. I'm still trying to use up all my random photographs that I love)

After a balmy 70 degrees yesterday I was bummed to go back to winter and grudgingly changed my shorts I wanted to bust out for a warm sunny day. I was pleasantly surprised though when the clouds cleared out for another spectacular spring day.

I got into the 'spring' (I heard puniness is silly, but what do I care?) of things and came home after work and planted my flowers I bought last time I thought it was spring, then I had to bring them all inside while things got nasty again for a minute. I picked all of my favorites: geraniums, daisies, and my very favorite, Gardenias! But I'm worried I'll kill those with the help of the ultra dry climate here. I'll try my best to keep them happy, but I don't have much of a gardening gene, so..bless their little hearts for coming home with me. Then I dusted off some sweet lights that my mom passed on to me from Grandmas house, u guys know the ones they have up on the back patio? The cool retro 50ish style flower ones? Ok, I don't know what I'm talking about, but I'll take some pictures and let u be the judge of how cool they are!

I took advantage of the fantastic weather to take Ben's Camaro for a spin around the neighborhood a few times too! Nothing like a fast car and my own built in race track. ie our ultra quiet block. JK, I write this to scare my dad, and maybe Ben, but I don't think he's into blogs.



Tomorrow the boss n I are heading to Vegas on a mission to find the worlds largest magnifying glass. To be found at none other than Pottery Barn Kids, who else would have one right? It's a self assignment really, Jana is already on to decorating her next house and this monster is on sale. We have a couple other rooms we are working on that warrant a trip to the 'big city'. Plus I have some Christmas gift cards to burn so I'm syked!

4 comments:

Cara said...

They also have the world's largest pencil and scissors. I want to get the scissors every time I get their catalog. They are to go in my sewing room that I'll have some day...

KickButtMommy said...

Bruce Almighty! Is my prize one room in my house decorated by THE Jenna R?

Also I do know the flower lights you are talking about and they are fabulous!

Wish I could check out this house you are decorating. And I LOVE that magnifying glass! Great idea on the scissors Cara!

jmr said...

the scissors would be SO cute in a sewing room Cara!!! we scored on the magnifying glass, more than half off! ever need to find a bargin? my boss is like an anteater, she can sniff out a deal just about anywhere! Heck ya, I'll come hang out in sunny cal and decorate anytime, that can be the prize! congrats! want me to bring you a new fancy van too? :)

KickButtMommy said...

Yes a van would be a NICE bonus! You can throw in the camaro for my hubby!