3.22.2007

random thoughts of others

I haven't been getting much sleep as of late, so instead of sharing my own sleep deprived thoughts I'll share some I've come across in the last few days that for some reason I've scribbled down on little scraps of paper. See if you cultured people know the first one, I didn't. I'll give u a clue: It's a musical.

There's only us, there's only this, forget or life is yours to miss, no other road, no other way. No day, but today.

If you can't be a positive example, you'll just have to serve as a terrible warning.


When you can't sleep, don't count sheep, talk to the shepherd.
Traditions keep us safely in the sweet embrace of the familiar; they are narrative touchstones that anchor us in the stories we've learned to tell about ourselves. -Darcy Cosper

And an all time fav from Anais Nin, "Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."

I threw in some pictures of Traditions because I think the traditions quote would be fun on our wall, we sell the vinyl lettering and need a good quote to use as a sample. The glass wall containers I included at the top are my favorite item we got at the last market. I used that pic on a color board I'll be showing a big client today. I don't know if I mentioned in that last entry about work a few days ago, but I'm totally working my plan to fit myself in as a decorator instead of 'catch all' for the bosses. So far, so good, today I should see if it's going to work, if she'll give me a real chance. We both have ideas for this client, I've been working on a presentation for mine like I think clients would appreciate instead of the guessing game we normally play as we put a room together because Jana likes the surprise element and keeping the client in the dark as much as possible... I'm hoping she appreciates this so Jana sees that my way has potential of taking a lot of stress out of our lives. Who wants to be surprised by decorating? Have u seen how "While you were out" usually plays out? Lots of crying and potential maiming of the people in on the secret.

3 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

I am with you Jenz, while sometimes surprises are good what do you do if you don't like them! I love Traditions. It looks beautiful. Did you do the artwork on the floor? Because that is seriously cool!

I also love the friend quote. I might have to vinyl letter that one!

Heath

Anonymous said...

Linnea does that in her home with beautifully framed pictures (which she does herself). She uses scripture quotes on her walls under the pitures. It is so wonderful. Me, I'm doing well to figure out a roller brush.
I never get tired of seeing your creativity, Jenna.

jmr said...

yeah, I did the floor, it was so fun! Re-doing Traditions was a blast for me. I did it while the boss was out of town. It's a BIG step up from the moldy carpet i ripped out! I love Linnea's idea of using scripture versus for her vinyl sayings. I've wanted to do a little, but I haven't found a quote yet I love enough to see everyday, know what I mean? tho the friendship one is up there.