3.25.2007

Visitors!

I love visitors! And I have some today even. Grandma and Grandpa stopped in for a visit on their way home from Phoenix this afternoon. Grandma is making her sunday calls and Grandpa is on the bed watching a game. It's nice to have family and tradition isn't it?
We went out to dinner, Grandma and I have been chatting it up while Grandpa takes it easy. When she's done with her calls I plan on some mad games of Rummycube.
My weekend has been really nice. Laurie's wedding was beautiful. At the end of the ceremony she had her first dance with Rick and a dance with her dad too. I've never seen that before. She's always breaking out and doing something fun and new. Circleville is one of my favorite places to visit so I was glad for the excuse to go. One stop light, one tiny gas station and a grill and a bunch of dairy farmers tucked up in the mountains, ever heard of Cache Valley Cheese? They are the farmers creating that yummy stuff. Claim to Fame: Butch Cassidy once had a hideout there. So can you guess the variations of names for the collective grill, gas and store? Butch Cassidy's Hideout. Right you are.
Other than the beautiful drive and wedding fun I've caught up on some sleep and 'puttered' around the house. (I can putter because I live in the right area of retirementville and that's what we do here) I've had a loooong week so all I've wanted to do is relax and that's all I've really done.

My week was full of technical problems at work, computer on the fritz sending our strangely chaotic yet organized system into even more frantic chaos with bids piling up. A power outage due to lack of payment (oops Jana) that made everything come to a halt again. I even got a traffic ticket for the first time in years in the midst of my endless errands of shopping for clients, picking up and dropping off paint samples, etc etc etc. I was relieved when he walked up and I knew him, when he saw me he said, 'oh crap, I know you!' I thought I would breeze my way through this one, but I knew I was out of luck when he called me ma'am, apologized, wrote the ticket and then promptly asked for my number...grief! Like I'm going to give it to him right?!

I've started in with the client I mentioned before, we have paint colors picked out and I'll start doing the decorative finishes next week when I can devote more time to it. I think I'll find someone to subcontract the flat paint stuff because I can't get myself excited about just painting to paint.

Well, Grandma is about done with her calls, I think she is trying to pawn Cooper the Bull Dog off on Brian.. any one know any one who wants a big dog?


Off to school Grandma on the ways of the cube. :) why did we ever start calling it Rummycube anyway?

5 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

I am feeling homesick now for you and grandma. I would love to be there playing Rummikub!

:(

jmr said...

You should have been here Heather! 3 and O.. somebody stop me! :)

Cara said...

Too much fun. I haven't played RK in forever. I always LOSE!

Anonymous said...

First of all, if I were there Grandma would feel a lot better b/c there would be two of us losing to the Rummikub-meister Jenna.
Also, if you want to hear a good speeding-ticket story talk to Danielle about the ticket she got while riding with your big bro, BEN!

jmr said...

oh yeah, i'll ask her! where is her blog anyway??? :) Speaking of the big bro, he has a blog now. tho it might be hard to navigate since the commands are all in Korean. check it out sometime. http://armybro.blogspot.com..or if I have that wrong, I've got the link up. maybe the more comments he gets from u all the more he'll write. hint hint!