4.11.2007

easy reading

I'm not saying these books are easy reading, I'm saying it's easier to tell you about what I'm reading than what I've been up to lately. And probably a lot better PR than telling you Rodeo Boy has serious issues and I rather eat glass than date right now! :)
OK. No, not really, it isn't that bad. I'm just being dramatic because I'm tired. I am actually enjoying my misadventures. And I know I'm creating entertainment for my friends who have all become more interested in my life these days. If anything else I talk to my friends a lot more because they all check in for a random story every now and again and of course I can oblige! Amy called me the other day totally depressed from suffering through four months straight of morning sickness. She was saying by the end of the call, OK OK I'll take the hugging the toilet any day! I AM SO LUCKY! I LOVE YOU NICK! Anything I can do to help my friends appreciate their spouses!

I actually got that eating glass bit from the Rice Mother and I would consider myself super talented if I could eat glass like the snake charmers son. The story is set in Malaysia around the time of the Japanese occupation. It is told so beautifully. I have a constant craving for curry and mangoes. It's also one of the saddest books I've ever read but I'm so curious I can't put it down.

I had a friend in grade school who was Hindu and I thought she was the most mysterious girl alive. Divia Ramachandran. I loved going to her home and the rituals I would find there. I found it strange that we couldn't wear shoes in certain rooms. She couldn't eat beef and she could only wear nail polish on her left hand because the right has is used considered sacred. One sleepover stands out in my memory. Her dad had pierced her and her sisters ears recently and was ready to pierce mine too if my parents would allow it. He was going to take care of it down in the basement. I remember how nonchalant he was about it, thinking back I wonder how serious he was? I pictured a torture device of some kind, but I was all for it! I think he even called my parents to ask if I could? If I'm remembering right they showed up shortly after to take me away? :) Maybe not, but this is in my memory all the same.

Juicing the Orange is a great book so far too. It's all about how you can advertise creatively and make waves with out spending a fortune. Why might I be reading about advertising? I love it! I think it is a really cool line of work and I've always been curious about it, so there you go. That and I've decided to read an informative type book every other book now.

OK. Well, I just tried to share a story with you but I was feeling long winded and couldn't make it kosher to a purely friendly environment. If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jenna Marie, I ALWAYS say something nice. Haven't been on the blogs for a few days b/c the retired G/pa I live with is in St. Geo. So I have been busy renovating Danielle's way-old toy box...one of the oldest possessions we have in the house. In fact, I just got finished lining the whole thing with a beautiful, thick, double-sided felt. Now it looks like a coffin!!! Oh well. The grandkids will love it. As for books...I usually only hve time for my daily scripture study...most fascinating reading I have ever done.

jmr said...

I love you Vicky! I cracked up about the coffin, I'm sure it is beautiful!
I reread the same page last night from the night before on accident but turned out to be interesting. I love how something different will stand out to me from day to day. very very true, most facinating and the best book out there.