4.08.2007

Happy Easter All

Easter isn't one of those holidays that feels strange if you spend it alone. I think it's given me more time to reflect on the signifacance of this holiday. I totally enjoyed my sunday school lesson today about the symbolism behind Palm Sunday and all the other good things that go a long with this time of year. Neat stuff. Have I mentioned lately how much I love knowing the truth?

Let me tell you a funny story that happened at church today. I can't remember if I've already mentioned this, but I'm back in the same singles ward I was in before. My bishop made it a point to make sure I felt welcome there. I really appreciate his friendship, he's a good guy. So I was just minding my own business enjoying the meeting and a guy caught my eye. I'm sure everyone was looking at him, his face looked like a punching bag. I was pretty curious so I decided I'd find him in sunday school and get the scoop. Only he came and sat on my bench when he was done with the sacrament. First he was sitting by his buddy a few feet away, then more buddies joined them thru out the meeting and next thing I know he's right next to me. Sweet, I'm definitely getting the story now. He tapped me and asked for a piece of paper so I gave him one and he was scribbling away, gave it back to me, then stood up to bare his testimony. On the paper it said, 'Thank you for the piece of paper, I just wanted to tell you how amazing you look today. You are a beautiful woman.'
WHAT?! Whoa, this so does not happen in the family ward does it? After he bore his testimony I passed the note back to tell him thanks and a couple more passes back n forth and he's asked me to scratch his back with my kickin red nails. What is this? Whats going on? This isn't normal is it? I accused him of doing this to all the unsuspecting new girls, he's some kind of back scratching player right? (Before you can accuse me of not paying attention to the testimonies being shared I'll clarify that the note passing was brief and not too big of a distraction except I guess I was a little surprised by the whole turn of events, wouldn't you be?)
I'm hanging out with him tonight so I hope I'll get more of the story. The guy must be on some heavy pain killers. He was kicked 5 times by a steer yesterday at the rodeo.

I boiled some eggs in the spirit of things, and I just finished eating dinner. I had an invitation from my sweet bishop and his wife to go with their family to her sisters for dinner. I think I would have if I hadn't already been looking forward to cooking one of my favorite meals. Pan seared pork chops drizzled in raspberry chipotle and cooked in the oven over a bed of rosemary from the back garden (isn't it all in how you say it? presentation is key) So yummy. I just finished my dinner and enjoyed it mucho.

I loved this cartoon, my friend has it up on her blog cuz she just broke up with a guy she knew she wasn't supposed to be dating but it still hurts I would think. Way to go Peach!

I snagged it because I think it goes really great with my life these days too. I'm finding out a bunch about myself as I meet so many new people and put myself out there. One thing I know is that I do tend to give my heart away easily but that is something I'm not going to change (no this does not mean I'll be jumping into anything again!) I'm learning some things the hard way and since I do like to analyze things I think I saw some of my lessons coming from a mile away but decided to let them play out anyway because what do I have to lose? I would so much rather dare to feel something than to be so guarded I miss out in life. I've struggled with feeling too much this week and I thought I might suffer a blow to my confidence but I was surprised today when I did a reality check and realized I'm completely OK and actually feel better than ever. Go figure. Since when have I been this strong? Must have happened when I wasn't looking! Bring it on!

7 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

Good luck with rodeo guy. That must have seriously hurt. Love your displays. Wish I had even an ounce of creativity in me. Oh well. Can't have it all I always say.

jmr said...

ah heather, u have more talent in you pinky finger than 5 women combined!

Anonymous said...

One or two kicks maybe, but FIVE?!! Was he passed out cold or something? How does a face mend after that? And most people fret about zits...how shallow can we be? Not me of course, I haven't had a zit in 40 years. Working on a swell batch of facial wrinkles, though!

jmr said...

yup 5 times. only one connected with his face tho. he's pretty beat up from head to toe. my zits are looking pretty good compared to 40 stiches in my eye! i'll take zits any day. makes me feel like a teenager! I just hope i dont have zits and wrinkles at the same time, one thing at a time please!

Anonymous said...

Jenna, it looks like you change your blog icon pic more than you post a blog. Great new picture, tho.

jmr said...

I dont have a great one like Heather and Cara so I'm trying a bunch out until I find one I like :)

KickButtMommy said...

You don't have a great one? Whateves miss Model!