4.07.2007

Mexi-Ice

My new favorite snack: MEXI-ICE. Have you ever heard of this wonderful stuff? I never had until last night. My friend Laurie and I were out wandering around last night and she decided to clue me in on a world I didn't know existed! :) Excited? yes. You be the judge. Taco Time, Mexi-Ice. Order the large. You won't be disappointed. I am so hooked. I almost made a detour on the way home last night to get another one. I don't even know what it is. Is it ice cream? Is it an icee? Maybe it's both... I will definitely be spending some time getting to the bottom of this mystery.

Laurie is my friend that got married a couple of weekends ago so I was getting the scoop on the whole event and Carmel by the sea, where they spent some time on the honeymoon. I want to go there now! Want to meet me there Heather?
I went to see her new place and help her decorate a little bit. She didn't need my help at all, her style is so fun. We hung up a massive mirror in the hallway that required a trip to the home store, the grocery store and my office as well. Very extensive project right? But it looks fabulous now.

We've always had fun comparing our rooms, especially when we lived together because our tastes are pretty different. The picture of us I included is from when we lived together. Her and Tera have been my favorite roommates of all time. We were always out biking or having fun at home cooking. I liked giving the constant flow of admirers for laur a hard time. That girl got more flowers and love struck guys than you could imagine. Tera even taught me how to rope in the front yard. The picture was taken on one of my last nights living there. We went dancing every weekend and danced we did! Danced our little hearts out. They still tease me about that since I've never been a great dancer but what do I care? I miss my long hair! You can't see it cuz the longer part blends in with my shirt but it was the longest I've ever grown it.

Ok, back from memory lane.... She thinks my style is more eclectic and romantic and I think hers is modern traditional. There is a term for that you know. It's Rococo Vision. She is even in on the latest color that will be making it large on the color palates the next few seasons. GRAY! I love it! I was reading that gray is more elegant than black. Go figure. I love this stuff. I devour all the trade magazines that I get in the mail. It's great hearing about the newest stuff going on. I got totally excited reading about the updates on the Vegas market in July and found an article announcing a Frank Gehry building will be built next door. Sweet. The guy is amazing! It's going to be a brain research facility. Doesn't look too much like the Guggenheim, but you can get an idea of how stinkin cool this building is going to be.

We went to the St. George annual art festival for a little while too. The clouds were getting pretty ominous so the artists weren't taking any chances and started to close up early. We'll go again today. Her husband Rick is a bike cop so he rode down to Main street where the festival is held to eat a hot dog and hang out for a minute with us. After leaving the festival we drove around a bit in the Spring Break crowd watching the teenagers try too hard. We stopped a few times to harass the other bike cops along our way. Laurie drives the nicest mustang ever. The tint is way to dark for utah law, any one else would be fined over and over again. Being IN with the cops has it's perks huh? What would it be like to be untouchable? I tried dropping Ricks name when I got pulled over by my 'friend' and it didn't do me any good at all. Oh Laurie, the charmed life of a cops wife.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mexi-ice...isn't that an oxymoron? Or something like that?