5.14.2007

AWESOME

I had an awesome weekend. The holiday could only have gotten better if I could have given my mom a huge hug. I did get to talk to her and tell her I love her so that will have to do this time. I had her on my mind the whole day, along with my dad. With the aid of some really great talks and lessons and maybe some out of whack emotions I fought back happy/sad tears a bunch of random times though out the day. What is it about me and holidays that make me weepy? I just kept feeling overwhelmingly grateful to be a part of this great family. And to clarify for you all, you are included when I say family. Last time I dished on my fam your comments led me to believe you weren't including yourselves in this group.
We had a big party at grandmas sunday afternoon celebrating mothers day as well as Jamie's, Casey's and Grandpa's birthdays. My favorite comment about the dinner comes from Cade when Coree's friend Cody asked him how the ham was: "Porky." Dinner was, as always, fantastic. Doug even bbq'd a gigantic fish he had caught a few days ago. Of course with the all the Smith Boys and a couple friends provided my Coree and I we had some really great after dinner entertainment when all the big boys were playing with some of Caseys birthday presents. I think his wiffle ball is lopsided now after a lively game of Fly 10, or 1 or whatever it is called.
Being secluded down here in the desert makes my time with my family so much more sweet when I do get to spend time with you all. I LOVE YOU GUYS!!
Along with family I also got together with a bunch of my old friends from Bountiful for a bbq. Something I have been wanting to do for forever and Seth and Mike made it happen. I am so impressed. I haven't hung out with some of these guys for years, I can't say enough good things about this group of people. I wish I could see them more but that is the awesome thing about good friends. It can be years in between and it feels like yesterday when we can finally get together.
I feel like my life is so full of people like this. I don't know what I do to deserve to be graced by such high caliber character in my life. I catch myself at especially idyllic times kinda pulling back from a moment and looking at it and thinking 'Is this really how great my life is?'
And it only seems to be getting better.
So when Rowdy asked me today as I struggled to get back in the grind how my weekend was, what else could I say but AWESOME!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our family is awesome! Glad you had a great time and that you made it safely home. I'll have to remember Cade's appropriate comment about the ham, could come in handy when I want to impress some of the missionaries here.
Love you, Mom

Sioux said...

So glad to hear that you were with family for Mother's Day -- I completely forgot that I was gonna try to make it down there to see everyone! Got too involved with my own preparations for the day, I guess. Sounds like you all had a great time, tho. Love you . . .

KickButtMommy said...

Sounds like a perfect weekend Jenna! Glad it went well. Wish we could come hang out at Grandmas for a bit.

So still hanging out with Rowdy huh? And how is that going?

Anonymous said...

So what happened with the stitches? Jamie would yank them out for you, no problemo.

Cara said...

If the ham is "porky", is the pork "hammy"?

jmr said...

Rowdy is my boss, Rodeo Boy I think is the character you are talking about Heather, and yeah, he is still around. But that is another story all in itself, not appropriate for bloggin! :)
Cara, I'll have to ask Cade for the right lingo there!

FRYBABY said...

When it comes to Cade.....you never know what to expect and that is what makes him so unique!! We had a great time with you, too, J and wish that you were closer! But what an awesome weekend it was. If I could get my rearend in gear I would do a blog of my own but I have a rugby tournament to prepare for tomorrow! Blogging will be done another day!