5.20.2007

Up North

Another great weekend in the Land Bountiful. If I keep it up with the weekly trip to the home town I would start taking myself seriously about moving back. I usually have temptations like that after a fun visit but after a couple days back in my desert the feeling fades.
Friday night I went to my friend Tony's grad school final gallery exhibit at the Y. He is super talented. I had fun hanging around chatting and afterwards a bunch of people went to dinner. Then Tony, his cousin Bry, and I went to their friend Ryan's (of Ryan Shupe and the Rubber Band) house and we played darts into the wee hours of the morning.
I dropped by my friend Seth's house afterwards to see what they were up to since I knew they were planning on being up late. Video games and the usual hilarity is what I found. We created disgusting combinations of jelly bellies for each other, my personal worst: A mouth full of popcorn flavored nastiness. Banana being my least favorite by a hair could have been the only way to top this disgusting treat.
After a few hours of sleep I went and hung out with Michele at the Rugby Finals to sell TShirts. She is one super dedicated Rugby Mom. When I got there she only had 8 more shirts to go to break even and by the end of the day, hours later, she had sold those 8 plus a bunch more with all the proceeds going towards new socks for the team.
I squeezed in as much time as I could with my friends this weekend. The guys and I went shopping and goofed off most of the day until we met up at Ben's house and {I'm still looking for a camera} Shanlee was a dear and took out my stitches on my back for me.
{YES! I took the stitches on my stomach out all by myself before I left for Bountiful on Friday.}
I have found another favorite sport. Wii tennis. I've always loved the game in real life but I hate the lapse in the game chasing the ball. With the Wii I didn't have to get off the couch and I had super human powers with mad back hand skeeels.
Grandmas house has been acting as something of an elixir these last couple of weekends. I have loved staying in the basement room and listening to the creaks in the floors in the nite when grandma goes wondering. I have also really loved going to Grandmas ward with her, they are a spiritual bunch. We had a nice day today even with the Jazz losing. We watched the Work and the Glory 3 (well, ok, I slept thru most of it) and had a nice long chat in the sunny kitchen nook while I ate yummy chocolate ice cream. I felt perfectly content chatting with gma and watching the shadows move on the lace curtains, smelling that smell that is perfectly summer. We were talking about Grandmas favorite memories when she said something really sweet about Grandpa, "My life wouldn't have been complete with out him."
My drive home was pretty great too. Late afternoon is a great time to drive down south. My throat is scratchy now from singing along the whole way home to whatever music I had on. I listened to some awesome conference talks as well.
Way to wrap up another great weekend.
I wish I had pictures to go along with all of this, so much of my favorite parts of the weekend were visual. Another reason to get a new camera huh?
I'm already leaving so much out about this weekend!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would have loved to listen into the conversation in the nook. Great memories are made around that kitchen table. Glad you had a great weekend and that you made it home safely. Love, Mom

Cara said...

Jenna, you make me nostalgic for Bountiful, too. Sounds so nice.

Anonymous said...

It is always nice to have two homes. That's the way I feel about that Bountiful house also. And you, Jenna, are also a treat to anyone you visit. You make life fun.

KickButtMommy said...

Jenna, you brought tears to my eyes with your description of grandma's house. Looks like you suceeded in making us all homesick! Sounds like a fabluous weekend!

jmr said...

I know what you mean Heather, I was near tears so much of the time talking with Grandma too. Life is so great, family makes it that way for me.

FRYBABY said...

We enjoyed having you up here even for the short time you and I spent together! Thanks for helping me out with the t-shirts....what should we do next? Let's hope that our trip to St. George comes through this time! We are all planning on it (at least our fam is!)