6.01.2007

Change of rate

I just got off the phone with the missionaries in the bush and had so much fun catching up with them.

They had asked me to send some penny stamps to them a couple weeks ago due to the rate increase (silly rate increase!) so I went and got them a bunch, slapped a stamp on the letter and tossed it in the mail. It came back..because I hadn't put a penny stamp on it. Now that's ironic.

So now, thanks to my folks feeling the need to share one of my many jennaisms, their office got a good laugh about my lapse in lucid thought. Anything to entertain the missionaries.

I took some pictures of Traditions yesterday because I have a sneaking feeling I won't be there much longer. Due to a new owner of our building and insane rate increases (again, silly rate increases!) most of my neighbors are leaving as well. That is a good shove in the right direction for me because it's easy to be complacent when my life is comfortable.
I'm feeling restless again and I don't want to ignore it this time around. I couldn't sleep last night because I couldn't turn my brain off wondering for the hundredth time if I'm not meeting my potential. I want to do something challenging again and my position right now feels maxed out. I've tried working things out with the boss to balance things out and make it more beneficial but she and I don't seem to see eye to eye on my part in her biz. I think it would be so so great to change it up a little bit. I took on another client this morning and we should be done with the job by August so I'd like to have something in the works by then. More info to come on this decision when there is more info to give! So far all I know is I want a challenge, the bigger the better.

11 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

Go for it! Embrace change and find something exciting and fulfilling to do!

FRYBABY said...

Just remember...Ashton leaves on June 26th (his farewell is the 24th by the way) and we will have a spare bedroom in the basement if you would like to entertain the thought of moving to Centerville and furthering a career here!! We would love to have you.

Sarah said...

Let me know what you decide to do! I'm so excited for you! I can't wait to see you tomorrow and play! Lets talk through your ideas.. love you and thanks for understanding my idea of roughin it :)

Cara said...

Maybe you just have Restless Leg Syndrome...? :)

KickButtMommy said...

If it is RLS you should take quinine (at least that is what I type all day). You could also stay with us, although I can't guarnatee the own room part!

Anonymous said...

Well, Jenna, we have already tried the "Come East to college and you can stay with us" thing. You came, you stayed, and then our house burned down. What's that old saying...'Once burned, twice shy'? But if you really want to come East again, let us know. We can always put you in a different room....Quinn's old room maybe?!!

Anonymous said...

Should my feelings be hurt because you just got offered the coveted basement bedroom that my own mother denied me when Ashton leaves?! Lucky DUCK! (for me you would say "Lucky CAMEL!") I know that it's really cool and all to be 25 and live at home with your parents ... but it's even cooler if you get to live all the way upstairs with the old folks! Ha ha. Seriously though, I would love it if you came up north! I miss ya! (and maybe we could work a little something out with the basement.. time share? jk)

Anonymous said...

If you need, I too have a spare bedroom...plus a cleaning fairy would be nice. (ha ha)

FRYBABY said...

Old folks aren't so bad especially when they leave their WHOLE house for you!! Maybe when Coree gets rich she can take over our payment and tell us what room we can have....j/k I am sure you would not want to be in the basement with the boys but you certainly can have the main floor room and share the bathroom with Coree or ours for that matter (being that Coree can't really decide which bathroom she wants to inhabit most...ha ha)........maybe you can inspire the fairy to find its way to our home too!

jmr said...

K camel, the plan: you move downstairs, and I'll move into the upstairs room with the old folks? hows that? I am older, by a hair, so its only fitting :) jk Michele! Seriously tho. I'm thinking seriously again of LDS Biz so Camel, you chose your room if thats cool with your mom. Michele, you ready for some more company? If not, Vicky, I'm coming, and I promise I won't have anything to do with any house burning. tho the commute could get hairy.. and really cute one, I'll be close enough to work in some cleaning fairy time...Cara, maybe you have RLS? you guys make me laugh!!

FRYBABY said...

Ready when you are.....