6.13.2007

Ten Thousand Lakes

I've mentioned my friend Laurie a few times before. She's my mustang driving-mountain biking-beautiful banker to the stars-friend. She asked me to make her something to remind her of Carmel, where her and her awesome husband, Rick, just went on their honeymoon.

She wanted something modern with a gnarly, twisted tree they saw on a beach, but not just your typical seascape... I tried a bunch of different methods to accomplish this and I don't think this will be my last attempt, espeically since the canvas is limp.

Saturday was a highlight day of the year for me. One of my dearest friends Sarah went to the Temple as planned and I can't even tell you how happy I was to be there with her. Sarah is one of the people in my life who I can turn to and come away feeling truly blessed for having her as a friend. We once shared a bunk bed in the tiniest room ever with an even smaller closet and I don't think I could have lived thru something like that with anyone else but her! She is also an excellent example of determination and resistance and even tho we could not be more polar opposite on subjects such as camping, bugs and style we couldn't be more like sisters than if we actually were related.
It worked out perfectly that Ashton also went to the Temple for the first time on Saturday. He is such a cool guy! I think it was the first time I've seen him with out his IPod attached to him!


We went to lunch at Rodizzios after the session so Ashton could report back and let us all know how authentically Brazilian it really is. He said if this is really how the food is there he'll need bigger clothes. Tony said he'll remember that when his suits start to come up missing. Can't wait to hear him and Jason talk Portuguese in a couple of years. How is it that I have so many cool cousins??

Last but not least, a glimpse of The Really Cute One. I'm still not going to give you all the details of the fantastic weekend because I kinda like the guy and if he gets on here and reads all about it how will I ever live it down? ;)

Last thursday was "Take your date to work day" No really, it wasn't. I went with Bry to a shoot he had at a radio station in SLC. It was fun to see him do his thing. This pic turned out blurry because I was laughing but I liked because the radio people are goofing off. Shows how good Bry is at what he does because they aren't all scared stiff with fake grins plastered on their faces right? Right.

6 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

Jenz, I love your tree picture. I think that is seriously cool and I hope your friend appreciates it. Hmmm, Carmel...maybe we should go there for our 10th anniversary trip. Ask her for some ideas on where to stay etc....

FRYBABY said...

I have to admit, the 'really cute one' is really cute and you are really cute and happy when you are with him....but, then again, you are always really cute!! I love the picture of the temple...did you take that? And thanks for putting in the pic of the three stooges....we look silly as usual! Can't wait to see you at the Big Rock Candy Mountain this weekend....:)

Cara said...

We need to give him a code name like 007. From now on he is RC1 (Really Cute 1).

And if things take off, you can name your first child R2D2.

jmr said...

Cara! You crack me up!!!
10 years?! Already??? Carmel would be so awesome for your anniverary kickbutt, Laur said it was the most romantic place she has ever been too.
YEA BIG ROCK!

Anonymous said...

Well, I don't know what to say about all this except ....Ashton is drop dead handsome! The women in Brazil will have to be kept far away from him!! It looks like you have more fun on any given day then the rest of us do in any given month, Jenna. You better start making place cards for RC1, R2D2, C3PO (Cute third person, only), and GB-MAX. That last one is you....gorgeous broad to the MAX!!!!
Okay, that was my fun for the month.

FRYBABY said...

So where does the Ten Thousand Lakes fit in? Am I missing something? Or is it a book you all have read and I haven't? BTW Shelly was wondering if you could throw together an appetizer for Saturday night for all 19 of us to share.....is it possible?