7.27.2007

Asian Funk

I have been putting together another color board for my application and this vintage wall paper was my inspiration. I went to the fabric store and came out with some fantastic samples so now I'm on the hunt for some photos of lamps and furniture to include. What fun.
While it is crazy paper I would love to do it on a whim in a bathroom or guest room or maybe even a walk in closet? But as for longevity I'd probably end up redoing it after a year. My dream: to find rich clients as crazy as me so I can live out my dreams in their homes and keep mine pretty simple, funny right?
My reasoning behind picking something so bold is I want my board to stick out. I'm guessing I'll be the only one with this kind of funk.
Oh. I'm not sure my idea to share designers with you is really taking off but if you never check any of them out but one, go check out Kelly Wearstlers site. I eat up her books and could spend hours on her site. She has an insane amount of talent. Her business name: KWID. like squid. Wish mine sounded as cool JRID. Not quite.

6 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

I love that Jenna! You can do that in my powder room! What would that say about me?

jmr said...

that you are a super cool kick butt mommy with kickin taste!

Anonymous said...

Uh, I don't know. I like the simpler walls as a backdrop to my exquisite furniture and artwork, expecially my JMR diptych and my ELF watercolors.

Anonymous said...

Wish I didn't make so many typos!

jmr said...

what typos??? I realize I dont have my very own ElF watercolors...oh my! I need to get on that.

Anonymous said...

'eXpecially' should be eSpecially and, in the more current blog posting, I wrote 'nEIces' instead of nIEces. I know how to spell, I just don't know how to type cleanly. Put in your dibs for your ELF watercolors NOW because it will make Grandma feel so good. Speak up, Girl...no guts no glory!