7.11.2007

Good time for a rainstorm

Our furniture arrived today for the two projects I mentioned last night and the funny thing about freight truck drivers is they refuse to go a couple extra feet and put the crates IN the store for us. So luckily Shad, one of Rowdy's crew, is still in town this week and he came and helped move in the shipment. I was most grateful he was here when I lost my hold on the dolly carrying a box taller than me but he was watching out and steadied the monster. Squished for sure. Last year we had to do it ourselves and my feet were scorched and bloody from carrying the boxes barefoot (it was that, or 3" heels) into the store from the road. All in the name of beautiful rooms right? Right.

We got the last box inside just in time for the rain to start. It has looked deceivingly overcast with all the smoke so when I smelled rain this morning I thought my wishful thinking was really getting the best of me. OH YES, IT IS ACTUALLY RAINING! Summer rain, is there anything better?
And good timing, I'm sure an entire state praying for rain could have something to do with rain on a day with a forcast of 90 and partly cloudy? FEMA is here to help out with the massive fire burning more than 350,000 acres in Central Utah. Hopefully they are getting some of this rain there too.

"The Singing Butler" One of my favorite rain scenes. I've got a bunch of course, but this one is a classic for me. I could decorate a room entirely around this picture. Beautiful!






















I can't think of a better type of day. Cloudy, dark, weird lighting.... It's the kind of weather that calls for a hat or hoodie, a dog, and a place to explore. Maybe a cozy spot by a window with a view and a good book. Or, I guess, sitting in my little yellow shop, surrounded by boxes watching traffic and raindrops and playing with scraps of paper. That will do just fine! "no time like the present"

If I could bottle the smell of wet desert I would.

8 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

Beautiful, gorgeous, wish I were there~

Anonymous said...

I think you did just bottle it, in a fashion.

FRYBABY said...

I'd love a rainstorm here too. I like to bake cookies during rainstorms. The only problem with that is I like to eat'em!!

Cara said...

I love that painting! How cool.

Anonymous said...

Just think of the stories you could tell with that Butler picture. Who's the artist?
Doug and Brian are going fishing the next few days and he, Doug, told us that electrical storms are forecast for the nest few days. Just 'picture' those two guys out in the middles of the lake with their poles out and the lightening flashing around them! Now there's a great story. Paint it Jenna, paint it!

Devry said...

I love that painting too. We had a ridiculous rain storm today too. The lightning and thunder were so close and so loud that I actually was a little scared.

Sioux said...

Your description almost makes us smell, hear and taste! It reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where Kramer bottles the smell of the ocean! If anyone can do it, you could!

jmr said...

Is that the same episode that he smells someones perfume and it is the bottled ocean? Ralph Lauren or something? Am I mixing episodes. I do that sometimes.