7.10.2007

Lawn Gnome


I caught the California bug bad. When I told Signe how much I loved it there she said "Now do you see why I pine for it?" I do understand. I think I'm having post vacation blues. Be it the extreme heat, super smokey skies or the circles I'm running with my undecided client - I have a huge desire to pack up my car, cover it in crazy knickknacks and sit on the beach in some sunny spot and live off donations from tourists checking out my snazzy ride. (yeah, saw a guy who does just that on the beach in Santa Barbara.) He's living the dream baby, and probably makes more money than me doing it! What am I waiting for?



Syke, really I am excited for my next adventure. The big move up north. I met with my client I've been banking on this morning and she's not even close to ready for me to start so I guess I'm ready to go as soon as Jana and I finish up our two outstanding projects in the next week or two.

But will I ever feel any more ready than this? I'm as sure as I'm going to be about my decision so I've gotta run with it now. I've learned I can ask and ask if I've made the right choice but ultimately I've gotta show some faith and jump. Life is what you make of it right?

The pic of the lawn gnome and me was taken right before the move outta the country and look what good came from that? Centerville may not be as exotic as the land of the morning calm but I think it offers even more potential and I'm really excited to see what direction my life takes because of this decision. Now if I could just get all of me to agree that I'm ready... and maybe I should tell Jana... I've been dreading this conversation. It isn't like I'm just quitting, it will pretty much be the death nell for her business when I leave. This makes me feel extremely responsible. But I think ultimately it will work out for the both of us.

Auh, the ramblings of the restless mind. Apologies. I rode my bike for hours tonight hoping to leave the indecisive funk on the road somewhere but alas, still here.

5 comments:

Cara said...

She who sits still makes no dust. And it's always better to make dust than eat dust.

Oh, and like the new snazzy portrait on the sidebar.

FRYBABY said...

What would we do without Cara and her wisdom? And what do you mean, "Centerville is not exotic..."? I think the fact that you can't get moving north off of your mind is answer enough!! Like in 'While You Were Sleeping' when Jack finally tells his dad that he doesn't want to have the business.....so the dad says....why didn't you tell me before so I could sell it to Uncle Eddy? (or whatever his name was) Your boss may be grateful!!

KickButtMommy said...

I think it will be great, but I understand indecision. I am the worst at making big decisions. California is your new home now too. You can come here to escape whenever you want, and we will even let you sleep in an actual bedroom (as opposed to the LR floor like last time)! I love how easy you are to get along with and how much fun you are to have around.

jmr said...

then maybe she can go on a cruise with Kathy Lee Gifford? u r guys r the best. i knew if I put up my concerns you would make them look silly. :)

Anonymous said...

It is very normal to question yourself...it is part of the 'checks and balances' our agency is powered with. Glad to see that you are working correctly. Besides, knowing you, whatever you do you can turn it to gold. You are thusly blessed, so sayeth the aged auntie.