7.20.2007

Wake up!


I've been staying at a friends house the last few days hanging with their dog, Yeti, while they are away.
He is a funny dog, he definitely has the proximity thing down, (something my runaway dogs never got) but he takes it to a new level. Anywhere I go, he goes. So of course he insists on sleeping as close to me as possible, leaving me about an inch to spare and hour increments of uninterrupted sleep between his many relocation attempts in finding the perfect cool spot on the sheets.
This morning I gained semi-consciousness in the early grey am to the sound of him gagging. As I opened my eyes I saw him lunging at me. I rolled off the bed right as he puked all over my pillow where I had been sleeping only seconds before. Close call eh?
You'd think I'd put him out after this, but he cries if he is out, so we moved locations after I put everything in the wash and I think he was trying to make up because he'd wedge his face up near me when given the chance and hiccup at me. Maybe he was testing my reflexes and only faking? I wouldn't put it past him.

3 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

Yikes! That was a close call!

Cara said...

That's freaking gross.

Anonymous said...

Woof, woof. Then a wiffle....eewww. Gotta be a dog-lover I guess.