9.30.2007

cup-Kate is here

Mom and baby are finally home after a couple extra days at the hospital. Kate was born Wednesday afternoon and her family is so excited to have her here finally.

Most of you know Jenny as my 'little friend from across the circle' We grew up together and she is just like a sista to me. She is my one friend who has always talked about having babies, has had names picked out for forever (Elizabeth but foiled when Steven married an Elizabeth) While I get a little squeamish about the idea she has always been so ready to be a mom.

Holding Kate was such a joy. I guess I can thank my mom once again for the fun, but embarrassing urge to cry when I'm too happy or see something beautiful straight from heaven.

I am totally loving the fact that Kate is the 4th of 5 babies to be born to close friends in the last month and month to come. There will hopefully be a high demand for babysitting. (hint hint friends.)

In other news, I have been reunited with my records. Just like that. I cornered the Bishop after the first meeting and he told me how hard it had been to locate them but they are here, he took me right up to his office and in about 3 minutes I had his signature on a little piece of paper that also made me want to cry. Instead I shocked the very shy ward clerk by coming around a corner and seeing him first caught him by surprise with the something like a running hug. A couple of my friends were there and guessed why I was scaring the poor guy and we had a mini party in the hallway before I found my way to class.

After church I usually take a wandering path home and found myself near the cemetery in the avenues. Vickers, do you remember giving me the books by R.P.E. The Christmas Box series? I read them just about every year around Christmas and I've always wanted to go see the statue from the book. Today was the day. It was easy to find and very pretty. Thank you for those books. They always set the best mood for the holidays for me.

4 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

I love that cemetary and that book. Congrats to cute little Jenny!

Cara said...

Such a cute little baby girl. I wonder what THAT feels like! Me and my stinky boys.

Anonymous said...

You read them every year?! I'm impressed.
Congrats to Jenny. She looks so happy and her daughter is beautiful. All good things come to those who wait...in other words, patience. Repeat after me, Cara..."I will have a daughter, I will have a daughter." Jenna, your turn, "I will eventually have ten kids, I will eventually have ten kids." See, just like your Big Bro, those kids do sneak up on you.

Anonymous said...

I am excited about your records being found, but more important is how you feel about it!! I guess what I'm saying is that I'm much more excited about you... the miracle transformation is well under way. We all must go through this biggest miracle of all -- the changing of our hearts, and turning them over to God. I know He lives and loves you. Now.. you have POWER to ........help change others too...