9.29.2007

s.a.t.u.r.d.a.y - WHITE!

That's right. It is snowing! Yipee. Said like a true transplanted southerner who has yet to feel the doom of months of smog, bad driving conditions and freezing cold weather. It's a novelty I hope won't wear off any time soon because I'm already worried I'll be majorly depressed not being able to enjoy a sunny, tempid winter in my dessert. I was out every morning last winter with the dogs and it was never too cold for us to play. What will come of my sanity when I'm snowed in and its too cold to be outside? Oh no!
OK. So I'm really not that worried. Just a tangent. One thing that really has me excited about this upcoming season is a very strong posibility of working for SkiNSee again (worked there all through high school) This time as a manager (cross your fingers and pray with me) and so with that position comes lots of free skiing and other seriously great insentives, something I can get excited about for sure, knees allowing.

I'm at Grandmas house in the back room (home of the brown chair) looking outside at the fig trees that are now laying on the ground (sissy's like me in the snow) Gma and pa are in watching the U game make comments about the idiots sitting out there in the snow (ha!) and Gma just came in to tell me that should I run into trouble with this computer machine she will be happy to show me what to do! Good to have her here for me.

Sarah is here making wedding decisions and shopping for a dress so I bailed on plans for the night so I can see her, oogle the rock on her finger and go to the General RS meeting with her. How am I so incredibly blessed with such great friends? I get overly excited about being with them, they are the gems in my life. (As is my family of course, but I am always telling you guys this, you should know it by now!)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whew, snow already! And my little grandson just commented today, "Grandma, your trees are turning colors." We have a fabulous day today and even went to the Fairfax County Fall Festival to see Ben in action. Unfortunately, we also lost Tyse for about a half hour. But all is well now. Hope the U wins, and also hope your streets aren't icy cuz I know you will be out roaming around.

Devry said...

I am not so amused with this snow and cold situation. I only have sandals here with me. No socks and no shoes with which to wear the socks even if I was to go buy them. I'm freezing here! I've been huddled up in a big blanket all day and finally convinced my parents to turn the heat on. Brrr!

KickButtMommy said...

I can't believe it was snowing.

Cara said...

Utah, the best snow on earth! Can't complain about that!

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy said...

That is crazy!!! Dont you want to come back? we were at a swimming party yesterday!!!

jmr said...

Rub it in Amy! jk. No, I don't want to come back. Visit yes. Meet Kylee yes. Live? No. It's back to warm and fallish again today so I bet you are feeling better huh Devry? I'm with you on the shoe situation. Cold weather shoes are just not my favorite.