9.23.2007

why ask why

I've tried and failed for the last twenty minutes to put into words how I am these days and I can't do it properly with out sounding annoyingly chipper or overly contemplative. I don't know why I'm so happy. 'Why ask why?' That is a total Ben-ism. Fitting since his news has much to do with this mood of mine. Any time I think about those guys I have a hard time not giggling with nothing less than joy. Good grief. I'll stop already.

Tony gave us tickets to the AST Dew Tour this weekend so we went and had fun watching the events. Well, Casey didn't so much, he caught a ride home with the family and then Coree and I hung out for hours watching the events. The BMX stuff was awesome. It gives me ideas... but mostly things like IF I were a BMX chic (which we didn't see any of btw, why?) I would have a red bike, white walled tires and a zebra helmet....

Afterwards we had plans to go to this 'wacky tee shirt' party. Kind of like a 'bad sweater' party but not as... fuzzy.
Coree bailed on me (it's ok cuz) and went to work instead but I wasn't going to stay home.

The house was actually just a few houses down from grandma's and I was wearing one of her shirts. How many times will I get to say that at a party?

Sample conversation:

someone - 'Hey, your shirt is really cool.'
me - 'Thanks, borrowed it from my Grandma.'
And it was indeed awesome. 3D popcorn motif and my jacket I chose to leave in the car last minute was hot pink and had an assortment of embroidered fruit on it.
My silly sunflower pictures were sad attempts at catching the pretty light this afternoon. Didn't achieve what I was after, but had fun trying.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds to me like you have PMS backwards. You know...instead of depression and anger you get all giddy and fluffy. No wait, maybe that's bipolar. Anyway, whatever it is you are an extremely fun person to be with and I miss you and your 'take' on life.
Love your comments at the wacky T-shirt party. Sounds like you hit G-ma's LynnEl/Pykette treasure trove. But I'll bet it wasn't really the t-shirt that attracted people's attention so much as it was the beautiful girl wearing the t-shirt. On on that note...great picture of the beautiful Corree.
Congratulations Auntie Sushicat.

Anonymous said...

WHY DO I DO THAT??! The above comment was from me but you could probably already figure that one out due to all my rambling.

KickButtMommy said...

Jenna, you have more fun in your little pinky than I have in my whole body!

Cara said...

I like the sunflower pictures. I'm sure RCI likes them, too.

jmr said...

I thought that was you Vickers, who else would know about Pykettes? Man, why did that place go out of business? I remember going with gma and digging around in the clothes wondering if I would ever get to wear clothes as pretty as these when I got older...hmmmm... :)

Anonymous said...

I love the flower pics too! But I especially love the picture of Coree and Casey. What a great shot!! Perfect expressions on both of them.....