9.11.2007

Fire Drill

My stay at the condo seemed like it was going to end a couple of days sooner than planned. I woke up very early this morning to the fire alarm going off and before you all start scrolling down to find out how I burned the place down, I didn't.

The alarm stopped its blaring after a couple of minutes so I decided it needed new batteries and went back to sleep. It went off again a few minutes later. Fabulous, I love being up at 6 am fighting with things I don't know anything about. I got up to take the battery out of the offending alarm since it seemed to be the one triggering the other three to go off. (I did check the bedroom door before I opened it, I've seen Back Draft) Battery removed and now it just beeped at me every 5 minutes to let me know the battery was missing. Yes, I know. Thank you.

I bought a battery and put it in thinking I'd solved the problem then went running. When I got home it was going off again so I removed the remaining batteries and went back to the store for replacements. New batteries in, problem solved.

Not so fast. It is still going off! I talked to Nick about it (they are in Rome today) and he suggests taking the batteries out and if that doesn't stop it to unplug the things completely. Here's to really living on the edge. Hope pretty kitty doesn't play with matches when I'm not around.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a good fire alarm story.
Here's my fire alarm story.
On a Sunday in Oct 1993, Miles gave his 'going on a mission' talk in Sacrament and in those days it was still the whole big family talking deal. After Sacrament as we were all heading off to SS classes someone pulled the fire alarm. In all the years we had been in that building we had never heard the alarm before. All of us went running to the exits (which was the smart thing to do), and the fire engines came in record time (their ladder house was just across the street), and everything was determined to be a false alarm. But Miles received more joking that day from all his friends and priesthood leaders that he, Miles, had pulled the alarm as one last memorable farewell. Since that Sunday it seems that the fire alarm gets pulled at least once a year. Talk about crying 'wolf'!

KickButtMommy said...

Didn't we hear it again, Mom? Like at Tyson's blessing or something?