10.14.2007

unity

I'm so in the mood for another one of those vague introspective blogs better suited for a journal but I don't keep much of one anymore (because I have a blog, why would I need to?)

I won't bore you with the details but it has just been yet another one of those days where I look around and wonder how the heck I have been blessed this much. My family (especially the Smiths today, I love living here!), my friends, my challenges, my goals and all the opportunities... I am overwhelmed.
I talked to Kwona today and our conversation reminded me of a great story. We were talking about Devin and she told me how he wants the baby to be a boy so he can keep His Cari to himself.
She also said he didn't quite get what they were saying when Ben and Kwona told him he was going to be a big brother again. He asked if they were getting a baby from the orphanage which is what actually reminded me of the story.

While Kris Grandma and Terry Grandpa were living in Washington with Kwona and the kids, Devin asked my mom if she was his dad's mom. She said yes. Then he asked if she was my mom too. I don't know how the conversation got around to telling him that I'm adopted but she told him and he got VERY excited about it. Peppering her with questions, he asked, "Is Jenna an orphan?!?!!?" Then very quickly, "Does she KNOW?!?!?!" and finally, "Can I tell her?!"

Oh man, I laughed so hard when I heard this.

This revelation must have made some impact on him because he was talking to Kris Grandma shortly after this conversation about his birthday wish list he'd written up. One of the top items (if not The top item) was indeed: a sibling from the orphanage. Have I said lately that Korea is way too far away??

My pictures today are from my drive home from Ogden. I went and heard RC1 speak. I can't go on gushing about how impressed I am since he checks in here randomly. I'll keep it simple and quote my favorite fictional office character, 'woow.'

6 comments:

Cara said...

We used to tell Quinn he was adopted from Antarctica.

Anonymous said...

Every time you mention RC1 I feel guilt. I have got to contact him and order those photos. He is a geniou with the lens.
As for Jenna being an orphan, she was NEVER an orphan. She was, and is, a gift straight from Heaven. And not just to her dad, her mom, and her big bro, but to every single one of us in this huge family. I'll never forget that day. Love you Jenna. Have a great trip and a Happy Birthday..also Happy Halloween, and everything else of which you can think.

KickButtMommy said...

Yeah, if I could ensure a sib as good as you, I would want one from an orphanage too! Great story. CAN I TELL HER? I love that.

Anonymous said...

Your mom and dad didn't 'adopt' you! You were/are a divine gift from a loving Heavenly Father to the family who would love you the most!!! Do they really have orphanages in the U.S.A.??? I have never seen one! AND thanks for that compliment about living with us! I can't believe you have stayed this long and not gone crazy!

jmr said...

what are you trying to do guys, make me cry? :) I have the best aunts and cousins in the world. happy everything back to you vickers and of course i haven't gone crazy yet frybaby, i love it here.

Anonymous said...

Yes!!!! I made the Blog!!!

-- RC1