12.03.2007

does it have sugar in it?

Michele has brought out the Christmas movies! She has a thing where she won't watch any holiday movies except in December. I agree with her, almost. While You Were Sleeping isn't a holiday movie for me. And either is the The Holiday. I can watch those every day of the year, "and believe me, she has". (Who said this line, and in what scene?)

We watched Elf on saturday night after hanging out at Grandmas. I think it is Will Ferrel's best character.

Tonight we watched Jim Carey's The Grinch. Well, I listened mostly. I have had the project bug big time!


  • Finally got the brackets on my memo board and hung it up (it once was a full length mirror and although Tony and RCI both made separate attempts to save its life. Sadly, it could not be rescued, and has since been recreated into a memo board (pictured behind my sad graham cracker house if you care to see a bad fuzzy picture of it)


  • Wreath for the front door. I have this serious itch to do anything involving Christmas trees or wreaths. It's medical, I'm seeking help. The last few Christmas's have been peppered with excuses to decorate trees galore and make wreaths a plenty so this year is feeling scarce and I am feeling withdrawals.


  • Graham cracker row house (with out a row.) FHE tonight. I went there straight from work, then left without getting out of my car thinking I would go find food and possibly return. Only to circle the block and go straight back because I knew I wouldn't go back if I stalled any longer. Trying to conform into my new 'social butterfly' position, and I needed to unwind. Playing with frosting is one way to do it. (lack of photo because it's late and I'm done waiting for blogger to upload. I'll try later.)




Back to the movies. The Grinch reminds me of Uncle Serge, (not because of resemblance in any way, don't put words in my mouth) but because I saw it with him and Vicky in the theater when it came out Christmas 2000 and he loved it. They probably remember that year as the year in the rental but I remember that year as a fantastic year with lots of great movies, warm nights, a rescue attempt on Vicky's part after I spent the semester cutting my own hair at random hours of the night.. (YES, CUTTING MY OWN HAIR! Wow...freshman really should not be allowed to be that stupid)

What is your favorite holiday movie? I want to make sure I see all the great ones this year.

6 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

Hmm, I got lots of favorite holidays. Maybe one of my tops is Family Man. But we have already watched The Holiday, Elf, Christmas Vacation, Santa Claus 1 and 2. I could go on, but why? I do love the Holiday, and Why you Were Sleeping is too much fun. Okay, but my all time fav it Holiday Inn. I subjected everyone to it last year in VA. Awesome, nothing like the oldies.

Anonymous said...

I don't have a Christmas fav. Right now I am watching the new miniseries "Tin Man" on SciFi. You are smart to force yourself to attend Singles FHE. If I had been more disciplined to do that in my college years my whole life would be different.
Hold to the Rod, Sushicat. Love you.

Cara said...

I don't know where that line is, but it sounds awfully familiar. I love "What a Wonderful Life." You can not top that.

FRYBABY said...

White Christmas!! I love that one too! And the line comes from While You Were Sleeping and it is Sid (or whatever his name is.....the next door neighbor-godfather dude with the cigar) and he is saying it about Elsa. AND I am sure you are all jealous because I have the resident artist and interior decorator living with me now! Love that wreath!

jmr said...

good job frybaby!! I knew you would know that line even if I have been holding your copy of that move hostage. Elsie says "You're like me, I could sleep anywhere." Saul says And believe me she has.. scene starts with the doctor 'You can't come bursting into this unit!'

FRYBABY said...

You would think with as many times as I have seen this movie I could remember their names!!! What is my brain coming to? TOTAL MUSH!! I need to watch that movie again to refresh my memory and have a few laughs at the same time...:)