12.24.2007

waffles and pajamas

As predicted I was out with the rest of the last minute stragglers pulling things together this afternoon. As I left Sugarhouse we got hit by a monster snow storm that only lasted a couple hours but it dumped so much snow Jamison and I both had to park our cars at the church down the street. He walked home and I got lucky and timed it perfectly to catch a ride with Michele. I wouldn't have minded the walk, it was the pile of presents that made walking up the hill in a blizzard sound a bit daunting.

Before I set out this morning I got an email from my folks saying they would be online at noon if I had time to chat. I wanted to, but had a list so long I couldn't. Instead I figured out the IM on my phone and took my parents with me as I ran around town. How many other people had moral support coming from Africa as they got their oil changed, sat in traffic jams, navigated costco even more crowded than usual and sat in long lines all over town? Nobody!

Tonight Tony made us waffles and then we opened our pajamas and one other gift. We all changed into our new pj's and when I walked in wearing mine everyone laughed and laughed. What's so funny? I love them. Coree got some really similar to mine so we both look like big little kids. Totally cozy and warm.

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a goodnight!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's the polka dots...ha, ha!
But on you they are darling. But with your face you could wear anything and still be fashionable. Have a Merry Christmas.

KickButtMommy said...

I'm lovin your jammies! Of course they would not look nearly the same on me as they do on you! Merry Christmas!

KickButtMommy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
FRYBABY said...

It wasn't the pajamas it was the way you walked in so sheepishly....well, maybe it was because you had the pantlegs pulled up close to your knees that made me chuckle a bit but you were darling!! And it was even funnier when you and Coree were both sitting on the couch with your knees in line with your shoulders and your arms wrapped around your legs at the same time!

Cara said...

You are all a bunch of big kids! Too cute. My Christmas jammmies are mint green and covered with Santa heads!

Brett said...

Hey Girl, I have loved getting to see whats new in your life. YOu look great. Its Casandra your old roommate from St. Geroge and we worked at Coral Canyon together.