1.13.2008

GOODBYE 2007 HELLO 2008

[PEOPLE]
1. Best friends? They really are the best, yes.
2. Lost any friends? Yes.
3. Gained any friends? Yes.
4. Met a new good friend? Definitely.

[PLACES]
1. Went out of the country? Half way around the world baby.
2. Moved? Yes. Twice.
3. New school? Yes!!
4. How many times on an airplane this year? Missouri, Seattle, LA, Johannesburg, Cape Town I think that makes 14 planes total this year if you really get down to it.

[YOU]
1. Have you changed? Constantly.
2. New look? Not really, just the same ever changing hair color.
3. Biggest conflict this year? Trying to sell my house and getting to a point where I am 100% free to move on with out anything holding me to that chapter in my life.
4. Most depressed time this year? January. It was a hard month but it wasn't even a very depressing kind of hard. It was just hard. Then it was over, and life moved on.

[LOVE]
1. Did you fall in love? Don't think you know the answer just because I'm not going to answer.
2. Did you get heartbroken? sure did, but so obviously for the best
3. Who was your summer romance? Do you really need me to answer that? If you read my blog I think you already know.

[SEASONS]
1. Favorite season this year? Summer. It was 'the summer of Jenna'. I did everything. Went places I've never been before, did things that both thrilled and scared me, started a garden, cooked a lot, spent long evenings on my bike or with friends or reading a million books. I played the piano, I worked hard and played even harder. I completely enjoyed every minute of it. All my memories of this summer have this fantastic warm tint to them. I don't think I could pack anything else into the season if I tried.
2. Least favorite season this year? January. The rest of the year was FANTASTIC.
3. Good birthday? HECK YES! Cape Town, my parents, the sights, the food, the insanely beautiful weather. Everything about that day was perfect. And then my bday stretched on for the next few weeks. I really know how to milk it! Next year I'm going for the whole month following.

[FINAL QUESTIONS]
1. Snuck out? No
2. Met a person who will change your life? yes
3. Had a first something? yes
4. Liked someone who did not like you? yes
5. Lost family member? Yes
6. Got bad grades? No. Ask me next year.
7. Done something you totally regret? Yes.

In 2007 I...

[x] broke a promise
[x] made a new friend
[ ] fallen out of love
[ ] lied
[ ] went behind your parents back
[x] cried over a guy
[x] disappointed someone close
[x] hid a secret (not a bad one)
[x] pretended to be happy (I agree with Amy, sometimes you just have to)
[x] kissed in the rain
[x] slept under the stars
[x kept your New Year's resolution
[ ] forgot your New Year's resolution
[x] met someone who changed your life
[ ] met one of your idols
[x] changed your outlook on life
[x] sat home all day doing nothing
[ ] pretended to be sick
[x] almost died (who really knows how close we get right?)
[x] given up something important to you
[ ] lost something expensive
[x] learned something new about yourself
[x] tried something you normally would not try and liked it
[x] made a change in your life
[x] found out who your true friends were
[x] met great people
[x]wish there were someone that was sill your friend
[x] stayed up until sunrise
[x] cried over the silliest thing
[x] was never home on the weekends (more than half the time)
[ ] got into a car accident
[x] had a friend(s) who were drifting away from you
[x] had someone close to you die
[x] wasted money on food
[ ] had a fist fight
[x] went to the beach with your best friend
[x] saw a celebrity (Captain Jack on Hollywood counts doesn't he?)
[x] liked more than five people at the same time (kind of hard not to, unless you're an ogre)
[x] became closer to a lot of people

If you could change one thing about 2007, what would it be? I wouldn't have wasted so much time worrying about things I couldn't change.

Who is the person who influenced your life most this year? My Savior.

What was your New Year's Resolution? I didn't really make any. I never have been big on them. The biggest thing I wanted out of 2007 was to make sure I really knew who I was, what I wanted out of life and really make it a point to make my life the best I could. I understood better something about the way I was doing things before that I didn't like and I set about changing it. It is so good to look back at the year and see some real progress. It makes 2008 all the more exciting to me!

5 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

Wow, I love that. I don't think my answers would be nearly as interesting.

Cara said...

Yeah, me neither. Let's see:
Stayed at home
No airplanes
No changes
No selling of the house...DANGIT!

Sioux said...

Jenna - your introspection into your live, loves, motives for doing certain things, and the growth that you are experiencing are amazing to me. I'm more than twice your age, and I don't think I know me that well! Love you and love reading your blog. You spark my inner flame!

Anonymous said...

So why does your headline way, "Goodbye 2007, Hello 2007"? Am I missing something here? Do you want to live it all over again? Am I asking stupid questions? Or yes, and how did you almost die? I have questions for your whole blog posting. Maybe I should just call you.

jmr said...

oh leave it vicky to catch something like that. it's supposed to say 2008. yes! call me. we'll catch up :)