1.08.2008

my arm is missing

my alarm didn't go off (don't ask why) but luckily I woke up and made it to class (almost) on time. Second day and I'm already making great impressions. I am so impressed with my instructors! Check out my color theory instructors website here. The portfolio in particular is amazing. His style is so much like my favorite designer, Kelly Wearstler. And I get to learn from this guy.

I left my cell at home today. It has unavoidably become an extension to my arm. I've gone to reach for it no less than a gazillion times already today and the frustrated emails from the guys on the road wondering if I'm ignoring them for the fun of it are making me thing an hour round trip home to get it would almost be a good idea. Instead I'm crying about it to you. I keep absently hoping that it will materialize in my bag somehow.

I need my google, my email... you're laughing at me and thinking 'I could go days and days with out my phone.' Bold statement my friend. Try it sometime.

4 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

I couldn't go days. I couldn't even go 5 minutes. I am thinking about having it surgically implanted.

jmr said...

so glad you understand Kickbutt, I knew you would!

Cara said...

I'm not there yet. I'm one of the last of earth's population to live life without a cell phone. I am Legend.

Anonymous said...

I have a cell but never turn it on unless I want to actually call someone (like once a year). I consider it for emergency purposes only. Just ask Cara, she knows. When I am out and around I feel blessed to be incommunicado and unobtainable. Drives my husband nuts.