1.22.2008

now you know

Just working on a paper and thought I'd share some pics from Africa. The only one I didn't steal off the internet is the one of the succulent. I love those things! I've sadly killed my last one...well, it's still barely alive actually so I shouldn't talk about it in the past tense yet. It could still make it so I shouldn't write it off. For such hearty little plants, they don't stand a chance when it comes to me and my gardening skills.



Did you know?

South Africa is the only country in the world with an entire plant kingdom within its borders with six separate biomes varying greatly from each other. The Cape Floristic Kingdom has more than 8,600 species, with more than half of those species being endemic, meaning they won’t grow naturally anywhere else. To put this in perspective, the Cape Peninsula, comprising only 6% of the South Africa, has more plant species than the whole of Great Britain.

Well, now you know. My work here is done.

4 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

That really is quite impressive. I think I should go there and check it out myself.

Amy said...

Take me with you next time!! I could use some "time off" oh wait that doesn't exist being a mom :)
Those pictures are PHENOMINAL!! did you really see that?

Cara said...

Well England is one great big mossy rock. Not much variation there.

Anonymous said...

Since you know so much about plants, how come you keep killing them?