1.23.2008

share my pain with me

For the last week we've been trying to schedule an install for a job in St. Thomas. No one is available for this weekend. It's been a nightmare trying to find someone to go because we are so short staffed and everyone is scattered all over the country already working on other important things.

So today the conversation goes as follows:

Nate and Chris back and forth, "What about him?" "Can't." What about.." "Nope." We all fall silent, dumbfounded for awhile that no one can go. Then go back to it anew, "What about...?" "Nice try, no."

It has been days and days AND days of this. Then a stroke of brilliance:

"Hey, lets send Angie and Jenna.."

"Not a bad idea..." "Not a bad idea at all..." I'm bouncing in my chair mentally packing my swimsuits and summer dresses.

Nate preceded to call Angie. The conversation goes something like this, "Yeah, it's the easiest job. We'll send you on friday, you'll work for an hour or two saturday then you'll have until monday or tuesday to play..."

BUT (Can you believe there is a but?!) Angie is going to Pheonix with her new boyfriend for the weekend. She has declined to go.

What?!? You should see my face right now. Portrait of letdown.
So instead of beaches, snorkeling and who knows what kinds of adventures,
I will instead make a snowman, get my socks wet no matter how careful I am, and maybe drink some pineapple juice and pretend I'm getting paid to be somewhere exotic. Dashed.

9 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

Jenna, that is beyond unfair. I would definitely protest.

Anonymous said...

Ohhh, you mean St. Thomas, the island! Who knew? I thought it was a place in Utah. Bummer.

Anonymous said...

What about just sending Jenna? Why does she need to go with another girl? I think that is the perfect idea!!! . . . . and I think it should take a few days too! :-)

Sioux said...

Or . . . Jenna and a friend!

Amy said...

wow,what a let down. that place is beautiful! You can always come visit Sunny St. George:)

Brookeh said...

That is a bummer. How dare they build up something like that just to dash it. Here's hoping you still get to go!

jmr said...

Brookeh! add me to your allowed guests so I can read up on ya!!

Brookeh said...

I need your email address I don't have it. If you put it on here then I'll have it and you can delete it soon after. Hows that? I'm excited to invite you to my blog!

jmr said...

jnz11@hotmail.com thanks!!