1.05.2008

what job security?

I almost lost my job this week. I had told them about school when I interviewed and they had said, 'We completely support you going to school, we'll do whatever it takes.' Except let me go to one of my classes that takes me away during the day for an hour, three days a week. I'm feeling a little less loyal and a little more like I will keep a look out for other possibilities. I've watched the way these guys work and I know they throw blame around like it's a diseased frisbee so I suppose this week was my turn to get hit in the face with a flying disk of fury. I did realize how much I wanted my job until I had to really fight for it.

The bright spot in this madness was I had Sarah's bridal shower to do Thursday night. I went home sick with a migraine the day before the party so that left me the day of at Costco praying for inspiration. I had luckily already done a lot of shopping for it so all that was left was food and fresh flowers (Kate Spade says NEVER throw a party with out them) I thought of all things Sarah and hope I put together a night that will get woven into the many memories from this fun time in her life. It was so great seeing people from the ward I grew up in and see Sarah center of attention and glowing.

Joni was there sans Amy who is in St George (we missed you!) Joni is one of those people in all my memories of YW and camp and sleepovers. I once spilled tomato soup on her white carpet, she didn't even blink an eye. I thought I'd be banned from the house!
She got hurt a few months ago in a freak accident right after Amy had her baby and we all so glad she is doing better.

Coree just came in my room to ask me why I had pine tree branches in our drawer in the fridge. I was distracted and told her I used them at the shower in the water with pineapple bits. She thought I meant I'd just taken a shower with these things. No Camel. I put them in the water AT the shower. It was tasty. Try it sometime. I saved the extra to make my favorite pork dinner sometime. And it is rosemary, not pine trees!



















If you are one of my readers who check in with Kickbutt you've already seen pictures from earlier this week when we all got together at Grandmas house while the California cousins were in town.

Playing Bang!, an Italian cowboy card game I'm sure I'd eventually understand if I could focus for more than a minute on learning the rules. Heather and Grandma are represented in the photo by their arms. Sorry ladies!

OH! And some really, really great news - This blog is being brought to you from my very own new fantastic lap top!! If you didn't already know it, you know it now, I'm a very spoiled girl. Thanks M & D for my beautiful blue Chritmas present.

4 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

Gorgeous spread at the shower my dear, although I must resent it for taking you away from me....and spoiled, I say, but so glad you have your very own laptop. Tell those lamos at work they better aprpeciate you or else!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Next time your folks are handing out presents make sure that I am on their list. Thanks.

"Bang!" a game that grows on you. Jason loves it and brought his set of cards over on Christmas Eve. Danielle's whole family play it well. It is fast becoming a family reunion tradition.

And lastly....thank you for going back to a lighter background on your blog. My eyes love you.

Anonymous said...

I thought they were pine tree branches too!! They are so green and lush compared to the Rosemary I stole from your mom's house and are dried up in that bag in my pantry!!

Sarah said...

Jenna
The shower was amazing! Thank you so much for being such a fabulous best friend! I love you!