2.27.2008

two posts in one day..


...has to make you wonder what I could possibly have to say that is so important.

And then the second question is probably why do I show you a picture of a dirty tire in the snow? {anticipate my friends}

Let me set the scene up for you a little:

After class tonight I drove home in a headache induced fog. {talking about Form for 3 hours will do that to anyone} I was almost home, just about to turn into the circle and then into our driveway, usually one swift motion for me. Autopilot at this point. For those of you who haven't been to our house, we live on a steep hill. Steep enough that when it snows I can't get home unless the road has been plowed recently.

I hesitated at this point. There was a car coming towards me from the opposite direction and slightly behind the car I saw what I thought was a bike crossing the road towards me at extreme speed. I couldn't see clearly because of the oncoming headlights mixed with headache so I came to a complete stop in the road letting the biker have first dibs on the space he wanted to occupy so I wouldn't hit him.

I lost him in the shadows for a second. Then not even a foot away from my front left bumper THAT TIRE bounced off the pavement and soared over my car!!!

Totally stunned....what the.....did I just....oh my heck! Not a bike!! A full grown TIRE! It was straight out of the crash sequence in a movie, miscellaneous crap flying around. I could fully enjoy the moment {replay in my head a couple of times to get the full affect} because I wasn't realizing it was a loose tire after it had pounded in my car.

I drove up the road with the intent to find wild hoodlums but because of my slow response I knew it was probably a lost cause. {and what would I do if I found them? 'Hey man, cool experiment, but could you maybe not endanger those around you with your antics next time?' I'm just not the confrontational type...unless provoked. Not too provoked at this point since my car was still intact.}

A couple getting into their car one house up the street actually saw the whole thing happen. They said they saw the tire come flying out of the dark and thought for sure it'd hit me.

Of course I had to go find the tire {three houses down} and take it's picture.

All in a days work.

6 comments:

Cara said...

Yikes! Strange and unusual things happening on Shadow Mountain.

Anonymous said...

To our sweetheart...
God lives and you have experienced another MIRACLE!! JENNA --- THE MIRACLE... Let's all remember our sincere prayers every single day.

Love you,

PBPB

KickButtMommy said...

Glad you are being watched out for. You seem to have a lot of help when it comes to driving in snow and dangerous things. And I am not talking about the normal kind of help! Good thing your parents are storing up blessings for you!

Anonymous said...

I thought you were gong to say that when you stopped you began to slide backward all the way DOWN the hill and that tire was a result of you hitting the curb.

Those kids should have been reported to the police. It is like the idiots who throw rocks off overpasses. You stopped b/c of divine inspiration. No other reason.

FRYBABY said...

When you told us this story I thought you were going to say it was a deer or some other kind of animal. Aren't you glad you live here? Where else would you have the opportunity to be attacked by a tire?

Anonymous said...

etheleges [url=http://wiki.openqa.org/display/~buy-codeine-no-prescription-online]Buy Codeine no prescription online[/url] [url=http://manatee-boating.org/members/Order-cheap-Codeine-online.aspx]Order cheap Codeine online[/url]