4.03.2008

limited

These are the B list photos from the other day. I wouldn't share them normally, but not bringing my A game is kind of the theme of this entry.

I turned in my final project {Hawaii Condo for those following} and I was really disappointed in myself because I second guessed my original plan and felt like the final outcome was just playing it safe. We presented to our client and she liked it, my professor liked it, I liked it because its better than not doing the project. But my professor and I agreed it wasn't my best work. shrug. I wanted to rock this project.

Lesson learned. Go with my first instinct, don't overwork it, and don't be scared to do something new.

Song of the day: Michael Buble 'Sway'



Cool quote that I absolutely love:

"Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or that you don't believe to be beautiful." William Morris

It's been a long time since I've highlighted a favorite designer.

Check her out here. Her name is Kelly Hoppen, British and kickin style. She has a place on her website for 'vacancies'. This makes me dream of an internship in europe. sigh.

One last thing. Do you guys remember the debacle back in the 2000 elections? Florida, electorial college, vague memories from a business class I was in at the time. Hanging chads? Remember those little bad boys? I've decided this is the hang up on finding out if I'm VP or not. You would think if there are only 19 eligible people to vote for me, ballots were officially closed tuesday night at 8, that we would know by now... hanging chads are the only thing I can think of that could be causing the hold up.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

People probably voted you in as a write-in-candidate for president and now the authorities(?) don't know what to do with you since you were not an official presidential candidate. Does that make sense? Good, b/c I wanted to be nonsensical.
Five seconds after you posted this blog your phone probably rang and you were informed that you are now the Veep. Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

oh, and one other thing... You must have an awesome camera to get such great, clear, and colorful closeups. Blow those hummers up, frame them, and make a fortune.

Cara said...

I like the photos, too. Even the so-called B-list photos. You have inspired me to go out and take pictures of the squirrels eating my flowers. I could use some mug shots to catch those criminals!

And for that quote - do broken Transformers count?

Sioux said...

Those photos are amazing! It pays to have a great camera and an excellent mentor, I guess. I love the one of the succulent and acorn. Congrats on the VP position! One more thing to keep you busy and out of trouble . . .

Jared said...

I blogged. Also the 2000 presidential election is the only thing that has ever happened, and most likely could ever happen, that would make me wish my name was Chad. Or at least knew more people by that name...