5.26.2008

The 4th Annual Clint Anything K

Finally! I accomplished my goal to run in a race. It's been years since I set that goal and while the first edition of the goal was the St. George Marathon I got wise and decided my knees were more important to me than running a marathon.

My friends have an Annual Clint Anything K Memorial Day race. 15, 10, 5 or Special K are your choices. I went with 5. That is within reach.

I woke up to the beautiful sound of rain and since I was told we'd run rain or shine I headed out. Word was spread that it was canceled except for the Special K part {breakfast} but about 10 of us ran anyway.

It was beautiful! I love running in the rain, it's energizing and refreshing. My favorite part was running under the huge power lines because they were sizzling! Cool.

Jon won. Not that anyone is counting. That is the point of this race, no entry fee, no times, just fun. But gotta give him credit. He's training for the Wasatch Back so we didn't stand a chance. I couldn't even see him in the distance as he left us in the dust. {well, mud is more like it.}

I didn't have high expectations but made up my mind to run no matter what. Clint, My First Friend in the Ward, made it much easier by sticking with me the whole way. We both admitted we would have ended up slacking off had we not had someone there pushing us. I gave Jon my tag to put the date on it and he signed it for me. Wow, thanks man!

2 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

You go girl!

Anonymous said...

I like a woman who keeps track of her goal chart and keeps at it. Congratulations, Marathoner!