5.13.2008

girls treat and the big five

Happy Birthday Casey! I so love living here with these guys. Can't imagine life without em! Casey was too cute opening his presents tonight. Everything was 'so cute' and 'i love this'. Five years old! Casey is one of the coolest five year olds I know.

Spent the weekend in the desert, finally! Almost a year apart from it and I could have cried for joy when we rolled down our windows in St. George and that beautiful, familiar desert climate flooded in.

Jenny and I drove down friday afternoon for a weekend away. We loaded up on chic flicks, girl food {cookies and milk} and spent our time 'chilaxing' and enjoying having nothing better to do than whatever we wanted. I busted out my new juicer and baby did we juice. I'm addicted.

Saturday we headed to Vegas to see Phantom. We stopped for some shopping, had dinner at a sidewalk cafe {inside the mammoth Venetian} then took our seats {second row, good job Jen} and enjoyed the show. Raoul? Stole the show. 40 million dollar theater? Yep, Vegas doesn't do anything half way. Music still stuck in my head? You can count on it.

It was a whirlwind weekend but so perfect. Jen and cute fam are headed for Texas so Dan can start law school at A&M. Good to know we can do a girls weekend every now and again and reconnect. Thanks Jen for making the weekend what it was.

5 comments:

Cara said...

Sounds like lots of fun. Especially "Phantom" - one of my faves.

KickButtMommy said...

Wow, sounds like it all worked out like a dream. I love that music and play in on the piano and sing it in the car and the shower, and I haven't seen the play in years!

Jackie Sanders said...

So fun!! Second row? You can taste the spit when they sing! How fun! Welcome back to the land of the crazy weather!

jmr said...

no kidding! It was snowing yesterday when I got home from work...

Anonymous said...

Smart girl to plan and do fun things. Take the time and make it all happen, you deserve excellent memories to relish. When is the Korea trip? Be thinking of that family this weekend. Another little niece....how special!